“Bad Reviews”

Rowsley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Reviews”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

In my opinion the people who have recently written the bad reviews about this restaurant must be other local Indian restaurants trying to badmouth their competition. In the time that the Shalimar has been open (over 10 years) I have never had a reason to complain about anything, the staff are fantastic and the owner Ali has become a good friend to myself and my husband. He also says that no-one has compalined to him personally about the restaurant or the food, I have worked in the hospitality industry most of my working life and think personally if people have a problem with their meal they should say so at the time, how can you be given the opportunity to do anything about it if they dont say anything, but just write a bad review on tripadvisor, I will continue to support the Shalimar restauarant and all its staff - YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, go try it for yourself and be your own judge!!

Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
“Very Good Curry House”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Conveniently located along the main Matlock to Bakewell road this Indian restaurant is at the entrance road to Peak Rail's Rowsley South "station" and yard. As such it is a regular venue for volunteers of the railway after a hard days work. In the weekends the place is very busy and it is advised to make enquiries first. Very friendly proprietor and staff who go to great lengths to be of service, which in our case even entailed sending a car to Matlock to collect us when the busiest time had passed and we could be accomodated. The food is great and what else can one expect when so many people seem to choose this place. Prices are not on the lower end of the scales but quality comes at a price.

• Visited March 2012
Wirksworth, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I don't often write reviews but have to say, we have been visiting the Shalimar for many years now and have never been disappointed. The food is first class and the service is second to none, we're always made to feel very welcome by the friendly professional staff and the place is exceptionally clean. We have eaten there on many special occasions and on my Birthday, they made me a fabulous cake and gave me a bottle of wine. On our latest visit with friends, the ladies were given a red rose each and made to feel very special as usual. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion and as for reading any negative reviews all I can say is they must have gone to a different place!!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Husbands Birthday Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to The Shalimar on recommendation from our hotel and we were not dissapointed , i was not sure what to eat as there was so much choice ! so the waiter asked what i liked i explained what i normally have and he recommended a dish and said i would like it , while we were having our drinks a little while later the waiter returned with a small dish with a spoon and some of the sauce to my dish he said tell me if you like it is it to hot would you like it spicer i was really impressed with this we have eaten in alot of restuarants from cheap to expensive ! and i have never had this before .
The food was hot and very tasty and we both really enjoyed it after our dinner we were offered a free drink but we were so full the waiter said he will hold the drinks for our next visit which we will definetley be returning again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have eaten in Indians all over the country, and the Shalimah in Darley Dale is by far one of the best I have visited. I'm not local to the area but while staying with a relative she suggested eating out at her local indian. It was a friday night so we expected it to busy, and it was, but the service was still excellent. The food was delightful, perfect temp and the chicken I had was cooked to perfection. I also found it to be reasonably priced, I have paid alot more for no where near as good quality. Definitely eat their again, Superb!!!