“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shalimar

The Shalimar
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wirksworth, United Kingdom
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I don't often write reviews but have to say, we have been visiting the Shalimar for many years now and have never been disappointed. The food is first class and the service is second to none, we're always made to feel very welcome by the friendly professional staff and the place is exceptionally clean. We have eaten there on many special occasions and on my Birthday, they made me a fabulous cake and gave me a bottle of wine. On our latest visit with friends, the ladies were given a red rose each and made to feel very special as usual. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion and as for reading any negative reviews all I can say is they must have gone to a different place!!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Husbands Birthday Fantastic Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to The Shalimar on recommendation from our hotel and we were not dissapointed , i was not sure what to eat as there was so much choice ! so the waiter asked what i liked i explained what i normally have and he recommended a dish and said i would like it , while we were having our drinks a little while later the waiter returned with a small dish with a spoon and some of the sauce to my dish he said tell me if you like it is it to hot would you like it spicer i was really impressed with this we have eaten in alot of restuarants from cheap to expensive ! and i have never had this before .
The food was hot and very tasty and we both really enjoyed it after our dinner we were offered a free drink but we were so full the waiter said he will hold the drinks for our next visit which we will definetley be returning again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have eaten in Indians all over the country, and the Shalimah in Darley Dale is by far one of the best I have visited. I'm not local to the area but while staying with a relative she suggested eating out at her local indian. It was a friday night so we expected it to busy, and it was, but the service was still excellent. The food was delightful, perfect temp and the chicken I had was cooked to perfection. I also found it to be reasonably priced, I have paid alot more for no where near as good quality. Definitely eat their again, Superb!!!

England
“Shalimar Indian restaurant, A6 Darley Dale, Matlock, Derbys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Don't be put off by the rather dull exterior to a modern building hard by a trunk road: once within, it's a tranquil and lovingly-kept and decorated room; quiet and spacious. The service is exceptionally friendly, professional and prompt, and you are made to feel very welcome. The food was excellent with an interesting range of dishes: not overweighted with gloopy hot curries, but fresh, often light, ungreasy. Hard to put your finger on it, but the place has a really nice atmosphere. Matthew Parris

Matlock, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been going to shall mar for sevaral years and not one had a bad thing to say. Always beautiful food and very helpfully staff always wishing to help .
it's the people that give the bad reviews that are the jokes not the place
Very clean always have and always will eat at the shalimar or deliverd