“Best Indian around”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shalimar

The Shalimar
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Indian around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is by far the best Indian restaurant I've been to (and I've been to a few!) Not only is the food amazing but the customer service is the reason I keep going back. Such a warm welcome from all the staff and nothing is too much trouble. Cannot think of one fault at The Shalimar, big thumbs up

1 Thank Jezzajen

Chalfont St Peter
“Excellent Indian hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went for an early Friday evening meal with the family. Service was beyond what you expect - every waiter and I think we met all of them was friendly, attentive and was able to talk with knowledge about the menu. Made lost of jokes with the kids too. Food was excellent - I always have the prawn puri starter at every Indian I go to so have a great benchmark. Shalimar's was easily top 3, if not the best I have had. Balti's were excellent as was the kids tikka masala staple.

If in doubt choose Shalimar.

1 Thank Rundell9999
matlock
“Friday night curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Really nice curry and great service. I had the wine masala which I really enjoyed and Sal had the tried and tested chicken tikkai masala - no change there!

Bath
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As good as the reviews say...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We picked this place because of TA and it was every bit as good as the reviews said. I am not a fan of Indian food, but my wife loves it. My belief that most Indian dishes taste the same is usually re-affirmed upon every visit, but The Shalimar has proven me wrong. The Wine Masala was distinctive, succulent and very tangy, my wife's chilli chicken was equally good. The starters were fresh and tasty also.
However, the most memorable element of the meal was the simple, attentive and quality service; each member if staff seemed to genuinely care about the service they delivered.

1 Thank Tom L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service above and beyond.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great place, lovely food. The service was the best part and they went above and beyond even giving us a lift home! Excellent.

1 Thank Chickeninacustard