Tripadvisor
Matlock
Post
Inbox
Search

“Lovely meal, great options for #gf #df dietary needs”
Review of Thailand No. 1

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really lovely Thai restaurant, great setting, friendly helpful staff and a great menu. Had the satay vegetable starter which was delicious and then Thai green curry with duck and coconut rice. All very delicious, few bits of chewy duck but given how nice the rest was it didn't matter. Nice house wine, dry white. Menu is brilliant for allergens, all clearly marked and easy to see what I could have with loads of options for all dietary requirements. I cannot eat gluten or dairy. Served beautifully. Thank you for a lovely meal.

1  Thank PurpleStar4444
Write a reviewReviews (404)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been here a few times never had a bad meal the food is first class everytime with great service and would always recommend the food is the best Thai food I have ever had and will be returning

1  Thank marjean1998
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

OK place, food not very tasty overall.
Wife can do a better Thai green curry.
Price would have been OK if food had more depth of flavour.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

I had been pondering for a while on where to go for my birthday meal back on the 4th of January and had done the usual trawling on the internet to discover what people were saying about various places. This restaurant popped up a lot and seemed very popular. I ended up settling on it, as it was in an ideal location for a nice walk around town and seemed very reasonable.

I was VERY glad I did.

The restaurant itself has an air of class to it, with deep teal decor, gold accents and beautiful traditional decor pieces. The chandelier I thought was also a nice touch.

It is set on two levels. We were seated downstairs, as we were there for the afternoon rather than evening meal, so I can't comment on that, but the downstairs was comfortable and very pleasant.

The food was not only amazingly priced, it tasted amazing. The serving sizes were just about spot on and were not small (Like some places I've been) and not huge. I also consider the starter to be pretty generous in size, but not overly so.

As for the service, it was great. While they did walk around the table a lot, they were not intrusive and they came to us only when we needed them. They were eager to serve and please and always had a smile on their faces.

I am definitely going to be visiting again. I can taste the food already!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Ate here one Saturday evening.Place was clean with good decor and good atmosphere.
Staff where tentative and pleasant.Good menu choice and food was good.

Date of visit: December 2019