“It's magic”
Review of Maazi

Maazi
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Description: The strong aroma of Asian spices, with a tinge of Bollywood fervour and the enthralling sight of tuk-tuk — Maazi lets you drench in the spirit of India, scrumptiously.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Recommended by our B&B describing how to find it by the tuk-tuk vehicles outside. Entered to find rose petals on the stairs leading you up the restaurant and greeted by a friendly waiter who led us to a table in the window overlooking the park. Very attentive staff and good selection of food on offer. Through a table of fog created by some magic chemicals the main courses arrived and were delicious. Good recommendation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were greeted by a right smiley bugger who offered us a seat either upstairs or down. There was a fat lad in eyeliner downstairs so I decided I would be dining upstairs with my stunning girlfriend.
We were sat next to a mirror which made me look like I had a tan and ordered a large amount of food from another ecstatic waiter who was either buzzing off his bonce on charlie or he'd recently found Jesus.
The Special Biryani and Chicken Pakora in particular were delicious, although they opted to serve the starters on a bowlful of scorched onions. This confused me, but I'm not one for eating plate decorations so it didn't really matter to me.
A wizard brought out a cup full of magic smoke halfway through the meal and it delighted me and my gorgeous companion no end. If it wasn't for seeing a piglet get fed out of a baby bottle earlier in the day I'd say it was the giddiest I'd been in some time.
Crammed full of various nan breads and curry I left the restaurant very pleased with everything the Maazi had to offer, but not before the wizard re-emerged with a vial of magic fluid that rendered two after dinner mints into hand towels.

3  Thank Michael F
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Food Excellent and staff friendly and helpful, the location overlooks the park. Even though the restaurant was quite busy the staff managed to accommodate us.

1  Thank eddie l
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Recommended this Indian by B&B couple and how right they were. Very good tasty food especially my chicken tikka style starter. Not cheapest place but you get what you pay for.
Recommended.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This has to be the best Indian restaurant for miles . Great service , great food with a authentic newly refurbished restaurant. Maazi keep up the great food we will be back very soon.

1  Thank Donna S