“Fantastic restaurant!”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went to Piedaniels with friends on a Saturday evening and it was just fantastic! I cannot recommend it highly enough!
The food was simply superb and we had excellent service throughout!
The menu has a choice for everyone and we found it difficult to decide on our dishes as we had so many great ones to choose from!
Our friends chose the black pudding and bacon salad to start and then the lemon sole for their main courses - they both raved about both dishes!
My wife had the "fantastic" scallops - 5 large ones! - followed by the sea bream which she said was one of the best she'd ever tasted, and that's saying something!
I had the delicious chicken mousseline to start followed by a great fillet steak - both were wonderful!
Only two of us could go for desserts as the portions are on the larger side - absolutely no complaints on that score these days! I went for the superb ginger sponge pudding with custard - delicious! - and my friend went for the "trio" which was beautifully presented and tasted "every bit as great as it looks"!
The wine list is very comprehensive and very well priced and I'd recommend the Malbec and would definitely choose it again!
In every respect Piedaniels is excellent - simply superb food, excellent and friendly service, very nice decor and ambience with very competitive pricing - and I cannot recommend it highly enough!
We are spoiled for choice in North Derbyshire for nice restaurants and Piedaniels is definitely up there with the best!
Don't just read the reviews, try it out for yourself - I know you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank John D

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were staying in bakewell with friends for just one night and wanted somewhere nice to dine. We had looked on trip advisor prior and nearly booked into another restaurant however luckily for us we were recommended this restaurant. We did manage to book a table which I would recommend as I can imagine its a very popular restaurant. Both food and service we received was fantastic and I would highly recommend this restaurant. My personal opinion is that this should be no1 on trip advisor. It may be a little more expensive that pub food but you pay for what you get.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We chose Piedaniels for our last night's meal in Bakewell & we weren't disappointed.
As others reviewers mentioned it's very attractively decorated & looks classy as you enter & take your pre-dinner drinks & make your food orders in the bar area.
Through into the restaurant it was equally stylish but the real wow was in the food.
The midweek menu had selected dishes for £14 for 2 courses or £16 for 3 but all of the dishes were high standard. Our group enjoyed the fish parfait, goats cheese with smoked duck starters with amazing garlic chicken, salmon fishcakes as mains. Cranberry creme brulee was good too. Wine list was not overpriced either.
For the standard of food & ambience this was good value.
The restaurant has been run by a family team for a number of years with the husband as chef, & the wife very friendly & welcoming at front of house,
If we're in Bakewell again we won't leave it until the last night to return.

1  Thank SUPERNELLO
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The restaurant is attractively decorated and comfortable, the staff friendly and the food prepared well and nicely presented. We ordered from the 3 course set menu which was very good value. In some restaurants where a set price menu is offered, the choice can be quite limited, but there was a good selection for all 3 courses. We had been wanting to try Piedaniels for a while, and having tried it we would be happy to go there again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We go to France a couple of times a year and Piedaniels is up there with the best - such a treat in the Peak District. The presentation and flavours of the food are superb and Christiana gives a warm welcome. The white leather sofas for enjoying a pre-dinner drink contribute to a lovely atmosphere. The mid-week set menu is fantastic value for money. We'll be back!