“Lovely, friendly B&B”

Somerby Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bakewell
Somerby Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 45 Bakewell B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here as a treat for my dad's on his 80th birthday. We really enjoyed staying here. Lesley and Tony were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were really pleasant, comfortable and clean. It's well located, just a short walk or few mintues drive to Bakewell. The breakfast was very tasty and filled us up for the day. When they found out it was my dad's birthday he was presented witha delicious jar of home made marmelade. We'd highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: There are just 2 rooms - 1 double and 1 single. The double is more spacious than the single but bo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have just come home from a very enjoyable stay at Somerby. We went to walk and photograph in the Peaks and Somerby is perfectly located just on the outskirts of Bakewell.

Lesley and Tony are very welcoming with two guest rooms which are nicely decorated, fresh and clean with lovely views over the garden.

Breakfast was wholesome and very tasty.

All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Martin L M
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend. Perfect for a small family. The hosts, Lesley and Tony were friendly and hospitable and know the area very well. Sumptuous breakfast each morning in the warm sunroom.

There is a local Phenomenon occurring called a murmuration where thousands of starlings come in to roost at night. Just before sunset they'll swoop and dive in formation. Only a few minutes drive from Bakewell.

I would readily recommend this B&B to anyone - warm, comfortable and spotlessly clean.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a really lovely experience. I intended to stay one night, but was so impressed with the warm welcome and thoughtful care, and slept so well on the super-comfy mattress, that I ended up staying the next night as well.
I went to sleep to the distant sound of an owl and the next day, from my bedroom window, watched a very fat and colourful pheasant wandering in Lesley and Tony's lovely garden.
The room and bathroom were spotless, and breakfast delicious.
I felt very looked after throughout my stay - nothing was too much trouble. I thoroughly recommend this delightful bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Me and my fiancé stayed here for one night as we were due to go on a hot air ballon over the Peak District from Bakewell. Unfortunately our flight got cancelled but we decided to stay and make the most of it as we don't get to go away alone all that often. Somerby is situated in a great location,just a pleasant 10-15 minute walk along the river into Bakewell itself. Our host Lorraine was very friendly and welcoming and gave it that personal touch which you don't really get with larger hotels. Our room was clean and comfortable with a modern bathroom and our breakfast the next day was super. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tony and Lesley are the ultimate in 'mine host' with a super understated approach which leaves nothing to chance. I found them this year and would not hestiate to recommend their beautifully clean and welcoming bed and breakfast. The accomadation is perfect, especially if you like the didgeridoo (played only on request!) I have booked in lots of times this year and will not be looking anywhere else in Bakewell when ever I can.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business