“Nice setting, good menu, great service, consistently good”
Review of Upstairs Cafe

Upstairs Cafe
Ranked #6 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Norwich
“Nice setting, good menu, great service, consistently good”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is a great place. Nice food, good service, would be rude to say no frills but to put that in context I'd say it's the kind of place you could easily eat in every day as opposed to somewhere you'd go to celebrate a big birthday. In my view the thing that really makes a difference is that the owner cares. He's always there when I go. I've been in so many average places where you can never see the leader and the average age of staff seems to be 15. Top marks from me. Had a great lunch in there with my parents today and will be back lots more times in the future.

• Visited April 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Visit here often and whilst other cafe's open this remains a favourite.

Friendly, competent staff offering good service.

Food and drink top notch.

Visited February 2014
Notts
“Best Cafe in Bakewell”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This cafe might look like a standard, "churn out OKish food for old couples" place - but it's a lot, lot better than that. This was the second lunch we've had in this Cafe. We had a smoked salmon fillet with new potatoes, a crisp salad and luscious coleslaw. The salmon was a complete revelation lifting a standard salad into something far more memorable. The coffee itself was worth the climb up the stairs and the short wait for a table. Strong, almost smokey Americano and a creamy Cappucino made us both smile. There is a great art in doing simple things well and the Upstairs Cafe has cracked it. Great service too.

• Visited February 2014
“Beautiful!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

A rainy market day in bakewell and just happened to stumble apon this lovely cafe. At first I thought it was closed as there where no lights on downstairs but glad I tried the door. Upstairs is lovely and spacious and welcoming. My partner had soup of the day AND steak pie which both were gorgeous. I had a beef, cheddar and onion panini and coleslaw which was equally gorgeous. Generous potions also. Will recommend this place to anyone and at least next time I know where I'll be heading when in bakewell.

• Visited January 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Friendly cafe”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ate here twice whilst staying in one of Chatsworth's holiday cottages over the Christmas period. We had a lunch and then breakfast before returning home. We have visited Bakewell on numerous occasions and have never noticed this cafe before, maybe because it's upstairs, I would certainly recommend it the food was very good and the staff and especially the owner was very friendly.

• Visited December 2013