“So good we did it twice”
Review of Upstairs Cafe

Upstairs Cafe
Ranked #4 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“So good we did it twice”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

A friend and I decided to have a day in Bakewell so we made an early start. We decided on the Upstairs Cafe to have a light breakfast. I had toast and preserve and my friend had a toasted tea cake and two lovely strong cups of coffee. After a long morning walking around all the shops we decided to back to the cafe for lunch. I had baked ham,cheese and tomato panini with salad and my friend had the pate. Both meals were substantial and tasty. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly.
A nice clean place with plenty of space between tables. Would recommend this cafe to anyone visiting Bakewell.

• Visited November 2013

“Lovely ”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We came here while on holiday a few months ago. My boyfriend had a panini and I had a soup and chicken sandwich, followed by a chai latte which was delicious! We even bought the mix to take home with us! Good value, friendly staff and generous portions however downside was when I got home discovered I had food poisoning,must have been the chicken however sure this was a one off so if ever in bake well again will still eat here. Good but shame about the chicken.

3 Thank Hannah G
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Clean and nice”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Always a smile from the friendly staff, good fresh food, nothing complicated and reasonable in price. Very clean and tidy and good toilets.

Visited October 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Friendly people - quality food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I met my aunt here on my lunch break. We both had salads and pots of tea. Total cost of meal 18.00 ish....

I had the salmon and prawn salad without any sauce or coleslaw or bread (my request). It was nice but I expected more salad or prawns instead if they were charging the same price but didnt get anything additional - plate was a bit sparse - maybe I should have asked to swop those elements rather than not have them at all.

My aunt had chicken and bacon salad with everything and it was a big portion of food so she was happy. Not sure if the chicken and bacon are freshly cooked and local or pre- prepared - it would have been nice to know.

No sauces or condiments offered which I think is poor.

Tea and milk was perfect and we were even offered top - ups for free :)

• Visited October 2013
Newmarket, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent cafe!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and the wife stopped in here for lunch on a trip to Bakewell. The service was excellent and very friendly. There was an excellent choice on the menu with a good specials board.

Food was hot and just the right size. It was a lovely lunch, If you are ever in Bakewell I would recommend a visit!

• Visited October 2013