“Our Bakewell Favourite”

Byways
Ranked #60 of 89 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe serving homecooked homely food.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I never fail to call into Byways on our (usually) monthly visit to Bakewell and are assured of a friendly welcome and a good value, well cooked snack. Highly recommended

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We popped into the Byways for some tea and Bakewell tart and were not disappointed!! Excellent staff and service, lovely food and an incredible loose leaf tea menu. I've told lots of friends and family about the Byways and will be returning in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The last few remaining from a stag weekend stopped here for brunch on a Sunday. We all had cooked breakfasts and they were excellent - tasty and filling. Very good value too. Nice, traditional style tearoom sort of decor. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on Monday for a quick lunch, my partner and I both had jacket potatoes. As we walked in it was clear that it had been quite busy as there was only 1 empty table for 2 which had dirty pots on it. however we decided to stay and sit on the table. Within 5 minutes a waitress arrived who cleared our table and took our order. Our food was delivered in about 30 minutes. Extremely tasty- massive potatoes and the home cooked ham was gorgeous! would definitely visit again! All staff were very polite.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were in Bakewell last year and went to this tearoom as they had a board outside with "Fish and Chips" on, but when we read the menu we decided on homemade pie and chips. It was lovely and worth the wait, as meals are cooked to order. Today we were back in Bakewell and after a quick look round the market headed for Byways for lunch, this time we ordered the fish and chips.They were fantastic, a large piece of crispy haddock with thick cut golden crispy chips and garden peas.They were the best I have ever tasted.I wish I lived nearer, a meal in my local cannot compare with this and it is the same price! I can't wait to go back