“Charming cafe with no frills”
Review of Byways

Byways
Ranked #57 of 86 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe serving homecooked homely food.
Sheffield
“Charming cafe with no frills”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

There is something for everyone in this cafe. Whether you're after morning coffee and cake, a light lunch, or a full blown meal you'll find it here.
The staff are always friendly, efficient and willing to please and there is a great atmosphere.
My personal recommendations would be the scone with jam and cream (served warm is best), the ham and pineapple toastie (with a side order of chips!) and of course the banana split (it's gigantic). Everything I've seen being served looked lovely though.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank LibsDibs

Poole
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We enjoyed an excellent afternoon tea which was reasonably priced. Staff were efficent and professional. The tea rooms are on the first floor accessed by stairs.

Visited June 2012
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff and nice welcome”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

As always the welcome and staff attitude are brilliant with a fantastic selection of food. I did make my first mistake however of ordering welsh rarebit with baked beans and a cappuchino.
Unfortunately on this visit I was grossly disappointed. The cappuchio was tastleless and the welsh rarebit consisted of one soggy piece of bread soaked in cheese sauce, with a few spoons of baked beans, which for the cost of nearly £5.50 is not good

I think next time if I go back I will choose something else.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kate H
lincolnshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfying in every sense”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Lovely quaint tea room that served an extensive and varied menu. Proper tea, not teabags! We had the allday breakfast which was excellant value for money, the food was well cooked, hot and well presented. The waitress was very friendly and the service was very quick. We didn't feel rushed to leave once we had finished. Overall, definitely an establishment to revisit should we come to Bakewell again.

“Excellent!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I went to byways tea rooms on the bank holiday Monday after hearing great reviews from close friends in matlock.
The atmosphere was excellent. I was greeted upon entering with a smile and was told straight away there was a wait on food and tables. I decided to wait due to the great reviews Id heard.
Although they were clearly short staffed and extremely busy, the service I received was top notch and prompt. I was told there was a 45 minute wait on food but the food came out in 30 minutes which was a bonus.
The food was of high standard and quality for money.
Next time I'm in the area I will be visiting here again and will reccomend to any of my friends!