“Great food and coffee”

The Lime Lounge Coffee House
Ranked #5 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A coffee shop with tables for dining and comfortable chairs / sofas for simply relaxing and sampling the range of coffees and teas on offer. Excellent selection of cakes and tray bakes, plus a range of home made scones. Meals range from full English breakfasts, tea cakes for a snack or main meals that include lasagne, filled jacket potatoes, home made soup, sandwiches, salads and more. Afternoon tea is also available (all day). Bookings can be made and we are also cater for parties.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Don’t normally go out of my way to review restaurants but I really wanted to do this one.
Being a ‘coffeeholic’ I am always on the lookout for places that serve great coffee. As soon as I saw this restaurant I had to sample the fare.
First impressions were that the place was very inviting and spotlessly clean. It is a very modern place but still has a traditional feel to it with original fireplace etc. It has a very nice ambience about it.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. I ordered two lattes and fancied a variation from the menu, which they gladly made for me.
I always ask for my lattes extra hot and they were perfect. We really enjoyed our baguette with salad and coleslaw on the side.
All in all we loved this place and will definitely be paying a visit next time we are in the Peak District.

There are newer reviews for The Lime Lounge Coffee House

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have to agree with the majority that this is the best coffee and prices of all the many other cafes in town. Great decor, friendly and professional staff.
I do wonder why some people do not raise their concerns with the manager at the time, rather than use this media to hide behind a complaint. I am sure we all have bad days, but do not make it public, by telling the whole of Bakewell.
We done Lime Lounge, keep things just as they are, especially the delicious cakes.
Thankyou

1  Thank Jan k
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Visited Lime Lounge today for lunch, the pannis were excellent with tasty fillings and plenty of it together with a nice side salad the coffee was hot and very pleasant together with a lovely biscuit, the staff cheerful and we were made very welcome overall excellent and highly recommended.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

we live in bakewell and have a coffee in the Lime Lounge most days.It is by far the best coffee shop in town. We have been in them all and tried a coffee so can speak from experience.The staff are very friendly and helpful.
To those who say it is not warm enough I can only say did you tell them? We like hot coffee and that is what we get by asking for it to be hot. As for the prices it is very good value if you compare it with some of the coffees served in most other establishments in Bakewell.

2  Thank george b
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Myself and my friend's go in the lime lounge on a regular basis and we are always made to feel very welcome. The staff are incredibly friendly. The place itself is very comfortable and modern. The food,coffee's and cakes are gorgeous. We love the the lime lounge :)