“Lovely classic English tearoom with outdoor seating”
Review of Lavender Tea Rooms

Lavender Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Lovely classic English tearoom with outdoor seating”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was a "must experience" experience since it is the top-rated in Bakewell, and we were not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon tea, comprising of delicious fruity scones with strawberry jam and thick clotted cream plus teapots full of lovely tea. All overseen by a very efficient management team. Definitely one to go back to.

Visited August 2014

sheffield
“Not Excellent , But Almost”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We were in Bakewell after an abortive visit to Eyam. It is some years since we visited and I must admit it looked as if it had seen a coat of paint recently. After a browse around the shops we decided to dive in somewhere for a cup of light refreshment. We came upon the Lavender Tea Room and we were surprised that it had any custom at all as it is tucked away in a corner up a little alleyway, however, the experience was very enjoyable.

I am a creature of habit and generally will have a cappuchino and a toasted teacake, on perusing the menu I found such item (toasted teacake) just as the bakers were delivering an order and I heard the immortal words "sorry, no tea cakes". I was dumbstruck, what on earth was I going to do? As it happened, another couple next to us also wanted a toasted teacake and alas they would be wanting as well!! This meant another look at the menu. After much deliberation I plumped for the "Lavender Cupcake" as did my wife and mother in law. I must admit the choice was spot on. The cake had a light fluffy texture whilst the lavender topping was quite hard but not unpleasant. My cappuchino was excellent as were the coffees of my compatriots.

The menu is quite compehensive for a tea room and those clients that had sandwiches looked well pleased.

The decor is light and airy and I loved the back ground music of the sixties and seventies era, all in all a nice mornings work. There were several clients who were greeted by their names so this is obviously a place that has repeat custom.

As we asked for the bill the delivery lady appeared again with the lost teacakes, I told her politely what she could do with them!!

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A great afternoon tea as a special treat! Plenty of sandwiches and cakes. The tea kept on flowing too. The staff were really friendly, a really relaxing afternoon well worth the money.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Aglrud
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat from my friend”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant High tea with my friend as my birthday treat couldn't have been any better. The staff were brilliant and the food was first class will definitely be going again, cannot praise them any higher and they even put the cake wr couldn't eat in a bag for us to bring home-thanks for making my birthday special.

1 Thank Jennie D
Stone, United Kingdom
“Wonderful! ”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited here and had the afternoon tea... It's enormous! A delightful place with lovely friendly staff, especially Gary!