“Hard to beat...”

Lavender Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Bakewell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a very traditional English tearooms serving high quality teas and coffees and delicious locally sourced food in a stylish and timeless setting. Our spectacular five tier afternoon teas are a delight on the eye and the palate, just make sure you are very hungry on arrival as the portions are generous! We also serve a limited range of alcoholic drinks to accompany your afternoon tea or meal. We offer sparkling Prosecco and red, white or rose wine or for those wanting a more spirited tipple we now have gin and tonic with the option of a shot of liqueur as a special treat
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I visited The Lavender Tea Rooms with a group of my friends, we had afternoon tea here & I can honestly say it was the best afternoon tea I have ever had! We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit & the staff were very friendly & they couldn't do enough for us. Our teapot was topped up frequently & my friend asked for coffee because she doesn't drink tea & they were very happy to oblige, again her cup was never empty! The sandwiches & cakes were amazing, I can recommend both the Bakewell tart & scone, both were very tasty... The decor is amazing, even the toilet is so pretty, just up my street! We cannot wait to return :-) thank you for helping us to give my friend a lovely birthday surprise!

2  Thank Laura S

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Afternoon tea was arranged for me as a birthday treat, and I was not disappointed, Greeted by friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us, set in a wonderful array of shabby chic, As much tea and coffee as you could drink , a lovely selection of delicious sandwiches and cakes more than I have ever had at any afternoon tea anywhere. Superb can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Judith D
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We called here for lunch, based on TripAdvisor reviews. We sat outside as we had our dog with us. Service may have been better inside, but we had quite a wait for our drinks and food, though the waiter apologised. Excellent sandwiches and well presented. Inside the café is incredible - all available wall space is utilised!

2  Thank lanzafan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

You have to look down the alley-way under the arch to find the courtyard with Lavender Tea Rooms in it (plus some lovely little shops too.)
There is a seating area outside and a smaller room upstairs as well as the ground floor.
Beautifully decorated and with a flair for china and a French flavour.
The food is tasty with generous portions and I would recommend the Derbyshire rarebit and also, the Ploughman's plate.
We saw the Afternoon Tea being served and it looked a feast!
Friendly and welcoming staff and a good choice of cakes to tempt the hungry!

1  Thank jnjcarlton
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently won at our local carnival raffle a cream tea for two at lavender tea rooms, i decided to take my mum late afternoon Tuesday the 8th of July. Well how beautiful! It was amazing! Inside and outside seating, we decided to sit inside as the décor was stunning! The service was fabulous, quickly served and beautifully presented. We soon got talking to Gary and staff the most lovely and happiest of people i have ever met. Visit Bakewell and definitely head to the lavender tea rooms as it is one tea room you do not want to miss and will never forget!!

1  Thank Lishaa97