“British at its best”

Haddon Hall
Ranked #3 of 27 things to do in Bakewell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Haddon Hall stands on a rocky outcrop overlooking the River Wye. One of the finest examples of a Medieval and Tudor manor house, open to visitors, with wonderful gardens.Visit Haddon Hall and truly step back in time. Visit our website for full details of opening times, prices, and our full list of special events.We also have a Restaurant selling fresh, local produce and a Gift Shop which carries a good range of locally sourced giftware.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A beautiful Hall and grounds that gives a real sense of our British heritage. Set in the magnificent area of Bakewell giving so much to do and see.

There are newer reviews for Haddon Hall

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Having made a visit here in the summer and enjoyed the day I was excited about taking my mother for the Christmas at haddon experience.
We went to chatsworth at Christmas last year and loved it. So thought we would try here this year.
The car park was full so we were told to go into the field over some hard standing.
This was ok until you came off the hard standing and into a muddy field to park the car, the walk was then slippy and muddy back to the car park, our footwear and long coats were then very muddy and dirty.
The house was packed to the rafters with people so getting around was not pleasant.
If the guides told people about each room they were in it would have been better, instead everyone crowded around a laminated sheet explaining the room details so this was not easy and quite claustrophobic.
There needs to be more information about each room.
We were in and out each area very quickly as the flow of people was just to fast for us and we feel we missed most of the festive things.
Even the chapel was heaving with visitors so we didn't spend much time there either.
We were glad to get down all of the slippy steps and get out, we couldn't get into the tea rooms for queues so we came away after 30 mins, very disappointed.
The final straw was getting muddy again walking to the car in the field and then the car got totally stuck in the mud getting out of the parking slot.
I waved a visitor down to ask for the car park wardens to give my car a push, it took 3 people to push my car out of the very wet dirty and slippy field!!
My car was now filthy!
A very disappointing experience and a total waste of time, time that is precious when spending it with your mum!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I visited Haddon Hall today and had a wonderful time. The Christmas decorations are both tasteful and abundant with the Long Gallery especially looking spectacular. We have been to Haddon Hall previously but I was particularly impressed with the positive attitudes and smiling demeanor of the attendants (in particular the ladies in the restaurant who were rushed off their feet but were still smiling and had no problem digging me up some mustard and the young chap in the car park who, even though it was raining, hung around with a smile on his face to make sure we, the last ones in the field, could get off the grassy part of the parking). The house was as special as ever with its extraordinary history presented in a way that lets you explore and discover at your own pace.
If you haven't been there before - go - if you have been before - go again
Phil

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We visited having purchased entry vouchers as part of a groupon offer and, on this basis, thought it was well worth the visit and a magical day. I loved the traditional festive decorations, and it was clear that the staff had put a lot of effort into it. The chapel and gardens particularly were really beautiful. We received a great welcome from a helpful and knowledgeable man at the courtyard entrance and it left us feeling very festive. That said, had we paid the full advertised price, I do think that I would have found it rather expensive.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

It felt and was true.. from the cooking in the kitchen to the oranges I just had to remake once I got home. A wonderful experience .... Thankyou. More theme events please!