“Good French food.”
Review of Le Mistral - CLOSED

Le Mistral
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Lichfield, England, United Kingdom
“Good French food.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Called here for lunch on a busy Saturday when other places to eat in Bakewell looked very full. Although told there would be a wait for food we didn't have to wait very long. Starters and main courses were delicious and service very good. Would have liked a (Bakewell) pudding but full up. Nice ambience and convenient location.

• Visited March 2014

Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Continental oasis in bakewell it isn't”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

had coffee in here many times, does do very nice coffee.
however often runs out of croissants (French bistro???); patisserie when it arrives tends to be microwaved to death.
so alas.... We await somewhere in bakewell where can get decent coffee AND croissants etc. at the same time.
had lunch here today, we had croque Monsieur and steak baguette and my toddler had sausage and mash. AWFUL.
My bread was mouldy. It was basic white sliced bread and had green mould on the crust. I was given free replacement but this means you have to eat when everyone on your table has finished; and it put us all off our food ; how fresh was the ham?? Is my bread stale ? From the same old bread packet? My companions' steak baguette was requested with no cheese, but came smothered in mayonnaise which ruined the meat. We asked for lemon and ice in our water but we were told could not have lemon as 'he hasn't cut any' . this is a small thing but typical of sloppy effort.
my toddler bangers and mash was nicely presented but very herby sausages and particularly salty/herb potato mash not suited to a child's palette, nor to need for little ones to have lower salt. Child's menu designed by someone without children?
Customer service always poor; waitress in this case very sweet but management or chef apology lacking.
This is a beautiful setting and a great concept but critically lacking in management. Could be a lovely continental bistro, and provide an alternative in a lovely town overflowing with traditional cafés, but sadly, it just isn't.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Claire M
Argenton-les-Vallees, France
“Good food, decent surroundings”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

A friend and I booked here for a Saturday evening meal. I was glad we had booked as the restaurant seemed pretty full for a damp Saturday night in February! We, reluctantly, decided not to have a starter as we had eaten out at lunch time too. we both went for the duck leg with raspberries (£13.95), which came with lots of delicious red cabbage and good helping of dauphinoise potatoes - it was delicious. We had a bottle of the house French red (a Merlot) and a couple of coffees for £45.90 in total. My only teeny tiny criticism is that the restaurant is very 'echoey' - hard wood floors, and little to absorb sound, and the table of four behind us were particularly ebullient - we found our own conversation difficult as everything was so loud from all around us. However, great service, friendly staff and good quality food - will definitely go again.

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent food and service ”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant by chance and enjoyed every bite. The chicken and chorizo salad was fresh and delicious and the le burger was clearly made from fresh, good quality ingredients. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal & accept gourmet society discount.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited twice, once during the day for a hot drink, this was excellent value for a tourist location. A coffee and a pastry for £2.95. In the evening we returned for a full meal as the Restaurant accepted Gourmet Society card. We both had steaks, these were tender and the meal well seasoned. We asked for them medium, my partners was perfect, mine was very rare, blood on the plate, but as it tasted so good I didn't complain as the blood didn't run into the rest of the food which is what usually puts me off. This was the only thing that stopped me rating as excellent as the staff were friendly, the restaurant had a good atmosphere and the food reasonably priced.

Visited February 2014