“Who needs Costa?”

Naughty & Nice Cafe Bistro Ice Cream Parlour Chocolatier
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Leicester
“Who needs Costa?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I think Costa do great coffee but when you have a friendly, individual and quirky tea shop like Naughty and Nice in a town, well I can go to Costa anywhere, but when my wife and I visit Bakewell we always go to Naughty and Nice. Why? Well for one thing the staff are so friendly, and although we're not local so only visit every few weeks, they always remember us. The coffee is excellent, the chocolate brownies I can highly recommend, the outside courtyard on a sunny day is great to sit in, there are some lovely quirky comments in the menu, but most of all it's the friendly staff that appeal. So go to Costa when you're in a city or on the motorway - in Bakewell treat yourself to something different.

Derbyshire
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have eaten at Naughty Nice several times now. The food is smashing, the cakes sensational, I esp like the soup and a sandwich option. The butched up afternoon tea for Fathers Day was fantastic, so glad we treated Daddy to that one! We also visited on Easter weekend and the egg hunt they organised with the other Kings Court shops was lovely with a fabulous chocolate egg given on completion of the hunt. On a couple of occasions we have booked a table in advance and nothing is too much trouble for the Naughty Nice team who are always helpful and friendly both via Facebook and in person. The setting is fabulous and combined with a trip to Baked Well it makes for a lovely Bakewell outing.

Newcastle under Lyme, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea on a Sunny Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have had a scrumptious cream tea from the Naughty and Nice Bistro. The fruit scone was as big as my palm and was warmed. The strawberry jam and clotted cream were excellent companions. The staff were very pleasant and friendly and all wore genuine smiles. You can't go wrong by popping in after a walk round the shops in Bakewell! We will certainly be going again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“ten out of ten for trying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I must give you marks for effort in making what were quite good churros considering you probably don't have a churrera machine. But then you fall between two stools, as it were. Authentic churros have a little sprinkling of sugar and extra served on the side to be added by the customer. Yours were so generously coated in cinnamon sugar that I could hardly see the churros themselves. Secondly, the chocolate for dunking is usually the consistency of thinnish custard whereas yours was definitely on its way to being a tart filling. It was all so rich as to need a large glass of water to wash it down but there isn't one provided.

That said, I take my hat off to you for trying. And you have a lovely set up. Shame on the person who stole your cookery books that I saw mentioned on Facebook. I hope you manage to see off Costa Coffee. You deserve to.

• Visited June 2013
bertieb43, Owner at Naughty & Nice Cafe Bistro Ice Cream Parlour Chocolatier, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear mybetterhalf, Thank you so much for your review. We would have preferred a 5 , but you can't have everything! We at naughty and nice always try to give our customers the best.The best drinks, the best cakes, the best food, indeed the best experience whilst they are with us.TA,used in the right way ,is a great tool for learning and indeed the day your review appeared we served churros to a customer who had called in solely because we offer them. I followed your constructive comments served them to the customer and asked for his honest feedback.I'm pleased to say he knocked on the kitchen door and reported that he's eaten a lot of churros in Spain, none better (!!!) and a lot worse than ours.Weyheyy!!! result.! The moral of this tale being 'you never stop learning'. So take your hat off again to us and thank you. Oh and by the way, we will see off Costa, we are much much much better! Love from Kath and the lovely smiley crew at naughty and nice x
south yorkshire
“High Quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food at this café is made to order and is of high quality, the staff looked as though they were enjoying their jobs as they always had a smile when serving you and making sure everything was ok. There is seating both out front and out the back in the court yard. There is also seating upstairs where you will find comfy chairs.
We had the jacket potato with cream mushrooms which was delicious; our friends had a bacon sandwich which was full of top quality bacon. The Naughty & Nice Cafe Bistro is just of the main street up King Street in the Kings Court.
Well worth seeking out while in Bakewell.