“nice is always nice”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2012

every time we visit bakewell nice is our first stop.the staff are always very pleasant and helpfull.lovely homemade cakes&scones (try the carrot cake).the courtyard is lovely when its sunny but if its not the cafe upstairs is very comfy.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We visit Bakewell frequently and Nice is one of our favourites, especially in the summer, when we are able to sit outside in the courtyard. Their homemade cakes are excellent and had one of the best bacon sandwiches ever. Super place to take your granddaughters for their delicious milkshakes. There is plenty of comfortable seating upstairs and for the hardy eaters, in winter you can sit outside under the archway and they provide blankets!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The cafe is in the town centre, but not a place you might walk past. We visit regularly and have only just spotted their board by the big roundabout. Glad we did because as lovely as Bakewell is, the eateries aren't that brilliant in our experience.
We had eaten lunch at Rowsley Mill so just went to Nice late on, but we shall return!!! Everyone was very friendly and after studying the home-made cakes we ordered and went upstairs and sat on the big sofa. My partner had a coke float which was gorgeous and I had an Illy americano and a slice of orange and almond cake. The cake had been warmed a little to bring out the fragrant citrus and the coffee was delicious. As a coffee lover, it was great to have the best and the cup was the right size too - I hate getting something you could have a bath in.

Anyway, the menu looked beautiful, Kath clearly produces her food with loving care and so when we return (soon!) it will be with full appetites!

PS the jar of home-made pear and rosemary chutney is divine!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Nice was recommended to me by one of the locals. I received a very friendly welcome when I walked in the door and excellent service the whole time I was there. The food tasted delicious and very fresh. Wonderful bakewell pudding to finish! I didn't feel rushed at all, and the place felt very homely.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I am sorry to say... I wanted to have a nice and cozy snack there. The place was empty, but I had to wait for about 15 mins for the girl to show up at the counter and take my order. I ended up ordering Late, as there was no time for anything else... Late was ok though and their back yard is nice. This is all I can say. Certainly NOT the No1 Caffee!

1  Thank odetamot