“Fantastic food and excellent customer service”
Review of Hobb's Cafe

Hobb's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe and craft centre with stunning views over Monsal Dale.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Myself and my partner regularly go out to eat in Derbyshire as we are keen outdoor enthusiasts. I regularly visit Hobbs cafe in Monsal Head which is next to the Monsal Head Hotel and the Stables pub because we love this part of Derbyshire.

The food is fantastic and has been consistent since I started visiting. I have never been let down yet, and I've been going for years. They do jacket potatoes, toasties, lovely soup just to name a few things and great home made cakes and fantastic filter coffee. They even do a cooked breakfast before 11am!! The cafe is set out beautifully and has a little craft shop inside which is lovely and very quaint. Look out for the yellow canaries when you go into the craft area of the cafe, as you can easily miss them. They make such a lovely tweeting sound which reflects the nice sound of the birds outside!

I've found that the customer service and food is of a very high standard and they are so polite, chatty, helpful and efficient when it comes to clearing the tables. Nothing is ever a problem. I've read some of the negative reviews and can't think why these people think that the people who run the cafe are rude because I genuinely have never experienced any discourtesy and I've been going there for years :/ obviously some people have had some issues. Please don't let this put you off going to this lovely cafe and if you get chance, do sit and enjoy the views and soak up the scenery...its a breath takingly beautiful part of Derbyshire that I enjoy and hope you do too :)

1  Thank Miss6t
raylambe, Owner at Hobb's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Cannot believe the bad comments about this cafe! My fiance and I visit this cafe whenever we have a spare afternoon. Lovely pot of tea and the best scones I have ever had. We are always welcomed in by the very pleasant owner to sit infront of the real fire. Actually he couldnt be nicer, very friendly, very polite, and always has a spare ice cream cone to give to my dog!! ( dogs allowed in the cafe- brilliant! ) ignore the negative comments, this cafe is well worth a visit!

Kind words. Thanks for taking the trouble.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

i visit this tea room/craft shop on a regular basis, its nice not to be cluttered with push chairs and screaming out of control unruly kids. Well behaved dogs are wellcome.
As for the food, you will not get a better bacon sandwich its well presented and very tasty.
The owner and staff are more than wellcoming and always have time to chat.
Its a wonderfull place but please keep those parambulators in the car park and the kids on a leash.

1  Thank kevin w w

We'll try and keep it up.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went in here recently with some relatives who were on holiday - I have never encountered such hostility to pensioners and pushchairs. We were spending £60 between the 5 of us but we were told we were not welcome as we were taking up too much room.We objected to his nasty manner and he just became more abusive. We asked for a refund and left. It completely spoilt our day and left us feeling very upset and also mystified - why would someone with such a bad attitude want to run a cafe?

7  Thank fiona f
raylambe, Owner at Hobb's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Aggressive and rather nasty ? Well, I suppose that sums up my response too.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Please do not eat here if you have children. The Manager is incredibly rude and aggressive and obviously does not want customers with little ones - even if they are very well behaved!Stay clear!

5  Thank Boardtreading

And as they left, the words "we'll get you on the internet" passed from her lips.