“Truly scrumptious!”

Ricci's
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Description: Ricci's Fine Italian foods is a sit-in CAFE and also a take-away. We strive to serve the best authentic Italian foods, at a fair price, in pleasant surroundings. We pride ourselves on freshness, cleanliness and a friendly atmosphere. Our Italian coffee is rated as the best by MANY customers.
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly scrumptious!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Last weekend we visited Ricci's for the second time, as were holidaying in the area again. We found this little gem of a restaurant by accident last year and have been dreaming of their pizzas ever since. Yet again our pizzas were delicious, the staff/owners were very friendly and the quality of the food, drink and service was excellent. This is a small family run restaurant where they obviously care deeply about the quality of the ingredients, everything is home made and tastes like it - considering which, the prices are very reasonable. We hope to return again and wish it was our local Italian restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Toody1
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi Toody, and thank you for this review. We DO care passionately about what we do and serve. Ricci's is our baby, and we aim to bring food heaven to all who come. Of course, it is NEVER possible to suit every single visitor, but with reviews like yours, it warms our hearts to think we are satisfying the vast majority.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Always visit when in Bakewell.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I found this by accident several years ago and it is an unexpected gem. The food is proper Italian food, the pizza the best I have ever tasted. Coffee delicious also. The prices are very reasonable and the staff are both fantastic.You can sit outside and watch the world go by and dare I say it-smoke.!.Great place.

• Visited May 2013
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks MaIread, hope to see you again soon (but this weather might be hard to sit out in).
“Small relaxed family friendly good quality food at affordable prices .”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Called in for a quick Italian pizza.
Small but relaxed atmosphere with families and couples alike . Great tea time spot for a chill . The food is freshly made and delicious . Great value for money and a good choice on the menu . Ideal place to catch up with a friend for a chat or take the kids . Good quality coffee too .
Great for that pizza you don't feel is manufactured . Pasta dishes looked great as well . Will call again at lunch this time for a great tasting pizza . All dishes are available to take away .
Nice friendly service , just what the doctor ordered after a days work .

• Visited April 2013
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you Elaine, my Mum always said good things come in small packages ;-)
Derbyshire
“Great little place”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

So grateful to the last reviewers where the couple were moaning about too much cheese on a pizza ! as this made me want to try it and I am so glad we did.
We ran in out of the rain and were cheerfully welcomed by the owner and quickly seated. We both chose the meat feast pizza. We asked for a couple of glasses of red wine but they do not serve alcohol but quickly directed us to the local supermarket to buy one and they provided us with the glasses and didn't charge corkage. It was at this time I noticed that they were supposed to take the last orders for lunch at 1:40pm, 15 mins before we arrived. I apologised to the Owner who said it was not a problem, they were always flexible. The pizzas were freshly prepared and perfectly cooked. They were delicious with lovely Italian meats and a perfect amount of cheese ;-)
The Italian cakes looked delicious but we were too full and so we left to browse the shops in Bakewell and said we would be back later for pudding.
We returned when they opened again at 4pm and I had the delicious chocolate dessert cake with double choc chip ice-cream which was yummy. My husband chose the gooey chocolate fudge cake, warm of course, with vanilla ice-cream and it was lovely. We had coffees and a lovely chat to the owners who were very friendly. Great food and great owners what more do you need.
I am truely grateful to the last reviewers as without their comments I may not have hunted out this little gem but be warned, if you don't like a lot of topping on your pizzas give it a miss ;-)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank sanuk_9
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you sanuk_9 for deciding to pay us a visit, and for this great review (valued even more, as you are a 'Top Contributor' on Trip Advisor).
Sue & I are SO glad you had the same pizza as the previous reviewer, and found it to be good (we remember you both cleared your plates).
Just one thing though, if you DON'T want lots of cheese, don't give us a miss - ASK FOR A FLAT :-)
Hope to see you both again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Shocked by the good reviews... this place is awful”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I drove out here from Sheffield for a meal last night, after seeing all the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. It was so bad that I've felt compelled to make a TA account and write my first review.

The place itself is not without charm. It's small and cramped, but the friendliness of the staff goes some way to creating a nice atmosphere. I can't complain about the service.

I was hoping to order pasta, but the selection was a bit odd. (Actually, if the boring menu had been on the restaurant's website, we never would've come here). You can choose from bolognese, vegetarian, carbonara (which contains peas for some reason) and marinara sauces. Then you can choose from three different types of pasta. Apparently that makes 12 different pasta dishes! I don't mind simple menus, but my wife makes good bolognese and carbonara pretty often.

So we both had a 10" meat feast pizza, which cost just under £10 each. Very vad move. This was barely pizza... it had so much cheese on it, it was more like fondue. I had to eat it with a knife and fork, because if I'd tried to pick up a slice it would've just splattered all over place.

After a few mouthfuls of all that oily melted cheese, my stomach was already rumbling and saying "enough". Meanwhile, for a "meat feast", there was less meat on it than the ones you get from the supermarket. The price would've been ok for a good-quality pizza of this size, but here it wasn't remotely justified.

My wife managed less than half of hers. I managed a bit more, by scraping all that excess cheese off onto the plate. (The base was actually quite decent.) After a long-ish drive and high expectations, this was one of the worst meals out we've ever had and my stomach was in pain all the way home. Don't put yourself through it.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank kitsuneyo
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Why, oh why oh WHY did you not say anything as you left? I remember asking you if everything was OK, and you replied with a surly; "yes - it was ok". This was your chance, if you weren't happy, to tell us, and we would have addressed it.
Yes - there IS a lot of 100% Italian Mozzerella on our pizzas - they are deep pan, thin crust. Of course, there IS an option to have your choice cooked FLAT (as described on the menu) - with less cheese, but that's not what you asked for - why not???
I also take exception to you likening our meats, which we have imported from Italy, to supermarket fare. We use three meats on each meat feast - if we used more, you would probably complain there was too much of that!