“Excellent”

Ricci's
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Description: Ricci's Fine Italian foods is a sit-in CAFE and also a take-away. We strive to serve the best authentic Italian foods, at a fair price, in pleasant surroundings. We pride ourselves on freshness, cleanliness and a friendly atmosphere. Our Italian coffee is rated as the best by MANY customers.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My fiance and I visited Ricci's on the 15th of April and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food there is wonderful and is definitely worth the money. The staff are very friendly and pleasant and seem genuinely pleased to have your custom. We had the 'top sandwich' which was probably the best sandwich we'd ever had. I know that I speak for the both of us when I say I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. Will be going again when we're next in the area.

2  Thank Roanna A
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hi Roanna,
Thanks for the lovely review, and I know JUST where you're coming from with the T.O.P. sandwich - I was 'addicted' to them myself for a few weeks after we invented it!
Sue & I always ARE genuinely pleased to have yours, and any other, custom - it's why we do what we do :-)
Les

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Top quality food been going for a while now and never been disappointed. Spoilt for choice what to try next but just work your way down the menu. Tasty food that makes you want to keep going back for more. Staff always friendly and service excellent. A definite must try.

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review, Angela. Please don't hesitate to ask if you want any advice on what to try next - there's PLENTY to go at :-)

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Ricci's is one of those places that you just want to keep going back to. The food is always freshly prepared, full of flavour; comfort food at its best. Ricci's take simple dishes and add to these wonderful ingredients to enhance the flavours. There is always a warm welcome when you arrive, and a willingness to find you a table when things are busy. This is a cosy and friendly place to eat, helps to make a great day out in Bakewell.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Popped in for lunch pasta was really good but the service was a little haphazard no one seemed to be in charge, also there was a smell of frying fat from the open kitchen and a pizza oven encroaches into the seating area at the back. Place seems to have an identity crisis too, is it a cafe, a restaurant a wine bar or a snack bar?

1  Thank Bryno1953
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Firstly' bryno', I'm glad you enjoyed the pasta.
Haphazard service?? Sue and I (co-owners) run front of house, and have been doing for over five years. There is nothing haphazard in any way. No one person is 'in charge' - we work as a good team to try to ensure every customer gets what they want, when they want it.
Yes - smells come from the OPEN kitchen - it's like this so you can SEE us and the chef working, and see how everything is freshly made. Most people say the smells are what brought them in to the cafe in the first place - really strange that in 140 reviews, you are the first one to complain? Oh, the 'fat' you smelt would be best Italian olive oil, but you must have a good nose - we have a ten inch extraction tube connected to a large hood to take smells outside.
To say the oven 'encroaches' into the seating area is a downright lie. Anyone can look on our website (or come in the cafe) and see the oven is WHOLLY contained in the kitchen, with room enough for staff to walk between it and the counter.
Identity crisis, you say???? I've just walked outside the cafe, and in BIG letters, it says 'ITALIAN CAFE' - no crisis there? (Oh, and in case there was - just to be sure, it says it a FURTHER THREE times - cafe, cafe, cafe!
This sort of 'review' always makes me suspicious - did you come for the experience, or just to pick and moan? I think anyone reading your 'review' will make up their own mind.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

WOW, what a place! Excellent food, excellent service, very friendly and worth every penny. My son's 1st stop when he is on leave from the Army. With very jealous relatives when we go without them :) This is a definite MUST if you are anywhere close! You won't be disappointed! See you again very soon with those that couldn't be there today!! DELICIOUS

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thanks for this review Emma, we still think it was cruel to ring your hubby and tease him about where you were, knowing he'd be jealous!
Bring him with you next time. :-)