“Great Pizza”

Ricci's
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: Ricci's Fine Italian foods is a sit-in CAFE and also a take-away. We strive to serve the best authentic Italian foods, at a fair price, in pleasant surroundings. We pride ourselves on freshness, cleanliness and a friendly atmosphere. Our Italian coffee is rated as the best by MANY customers.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place is great for Pizza - all handmade there and then and really tasty - not to be missed. The layout of the place isn't great - and I wish they had a licence for drinks - but you must try their 'Hot and Tasty'!

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hi 'Gritstone,
Thanks for the positive review on the food. There IS a reason for us being so small, and that's mainly the rents in Bakewell. They are VERY high (that's why Bennets left, and that's why they can't get an independent to fill the empty premises). We DO try to make the most of what we've got, but the emphasis is on food, cleanliness and service, so we hope visitors will allow for the 'intimate' surroundings :-)
PS - it's the hot and SPICY pizza you had - also one of MY favourites.

There are newer reviews for Ricci's

Reviewed January 13, 2013

A small yet perfectly formed Italian restaurant where you can also go for tea and cake. The outside is lovely - the menu's posted outside are up to date and easy to read. Step inside and your immediately made to feel at home - if their is no space you can sit and wait on a comfy bench and you get a view of the chef whizzing around the kitchen whipping up a storm using either local ingredients or really good Italian stuff imported in.

The food is fantastic - anything that can be cooked onsite on the day is cooked in front of you - be that the fresh pizza dough or the wonderful pasta sauces. They also have a fantastic range of drinks both hot and cold which are made to order and seem to come within seconds of being ordered - just what you want on a cold january day.

The food does not come instantly - its made fresh so its takes a little while to arrive - its worth the wait. You can tell the sign of a good place because whilst we were there all 8 tables were full and locals were coming in and picking up food constantly. The staff are lovely and remember each table and bend over backwards to make everyone feel welcome. Ricci's is also kid friendly. They are always on hand if you need them and will offer extras without you having to ask for them.

I have read a few negative reviews of the Ricci's on this site and would like to correct these people who clearly think that everything needs to come on a gold platter.

No - there aren't toilets - you have to walk a few minutes down the street (if you ask the ricci's team they will tell you where they are and will keep your food hot for you)

No - they don't greet you at the door and lay out the red carpet. This restaurant has a family run feel and is much better for it.

They only take cash - the cash machine is a 20 second walk away.

To sum up: Ricci's is amazing. If you appreciate good food and good company its the best place to go in Bakewell. Hands down. Bar non. If Trip advisor let me I would give it a 1000 gold star rating.

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

WOW Jon - what a fantastic review, and we are SO grateful for this. THIS says everything we try to achieve at Riccis, and I agree with your final points too. We aim to please people as much as possible, both with welcome and food. The whole will NEVER be all things to all people (some say we're too small, most say we're intimate and cosy), but as long as we get a review like this from time to time, we'll swell with pride, and KNOW we're doing it right!
Thanks again, very much,
Les & Sue.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

we were in the nearby town of Buxton and looked on this site for a good place to eat in the surrounding areas - found Ricci's and the amazing reviews and thought we'd try it out.... We were not disappointed! Completely worth the journey and infact could be a factor for us returning to Bakewell for a weekend some day. The food was delicious, the pizza in particular was amazing from the first bite to the last...

Could not recommended highly enough

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Very glad to have met you, and made your trip worthwhile 'Coggo' :-) Please DO visit us and Derbyshire again - it really is beautiful at any time of the year. Thanks for this lovely review, and we DO hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I want to be more positive about this place but Trip Advisor is about my experience rather than my expectation.

I and my two eldest boys, 16 and 14, visited early January 2013. I had been in Bakewell the day before with my youngest, 12, and visited Tiroler Stuberl, Ricci's neighbour, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

So, Ricci's. The day before, had gone in and, full, left, although by the door engaged by an elderly lady recommending it. So I went the next day full of expectation. We had two sorts of pasta and two sorts of pizza. The lady who waited was charming. In fact, the atmosphere of the place is charming, easy. We had, great fun, easy conversation, lots of laughs. Its that kind of place; friendly. The food was good not exceptional. I was disappointed but my boys said they loved it - in the spirit of balance.

If you're in Bakewell try this place. You may think like my boys. You may, alternatively, try Tiroler Stuberl and think its awful. My advice is to visit Bakewell lots and try both.

1  Thank TwentyTreesGallery
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Les & Sue are passionate about their product and the customer experience that they, and their team, deliver. A seventy mile round trip to beautiful Bakewell at any time of the year is not complete without enjoying a visit to Ricci's.
Please support these small business' that maintain the high standards that are being eroded by the multinational chain store franchises.
Quality food, crafted by skilled and hardworking artisans in the heart of Derbyshire.
Regards
David & Rachel

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

David & Rachael, thank you SO much for this lovely review, in which you nail ALL that Sue and I hope and try to achieve at Riccis. Happy new year to you, and all other Riccis customers. :-)