“Good but Very Busy !”

Ranked #22 of 89 Restaurants in Bakewell
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good but very busy says it all , we were there 6 of us on Saturday night 6.30pm , now i know why we were asked to be there a that time because by 8pm you could not move in the place ,
all meals were of good quality and a really varied menu and lovely specials board, staff okay run off their feet, lot's of variety and reasonably priced , but don't forget to book !!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Called in today 22nd June, lunchtime on spec. Seven specials on the board in addition to excellent menu choices. Had three different starters and three different mains all of which were prepared and cooked to perfection, the steak was exactly as requested. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable
staff. Take a tip - unless you are starving, don't bother with a starter or share one - they are very generous in all portions. Service was excellent, staff appeared as if by magic when the table required to be cleared. We will be back soon with more friends - can't wait!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Visited this pub with my wife when we were visiting then nearby plague village .The atmosphere in the pub was relaxed and chilled.The staff were pleasant .The food menu is a typical pub one my wife had a jacket with beans and cheese while I chose the steak and mushroom pie with chips, the pie was really nice as was the ale we had.We would go again if in the area.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited this pub / restaurant on a Friday night it was fairly busy but they managed to fit us in. The table which was set for two and a half (Knife no fork, spoon no serviette, no glass) was eventually reset for three of us after we'd placed order. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were very good all three of us enjoyed the food however the service was erratic catching a waiter was difficult we ended up ordering more drinks at the bar and towards the end of the meal the waiters were more interested in getting tables reset for the following day than getting the bill or taking payment. As a note to management I would suggest that they sort this we paid at bar in end I suspect less honest people would have done a runner as the young staff unfortunately didn't seem to know how to handle a busy restaurant. If they can sort the service this would be an excellent place to eat

Reviewed June 16, 2013

As we were on holiday we decided to book a table after reading some of the reviews.
I will start with what we liked first, the 2 guys who seemed like managers going around were very helpful and polite and good at there job. My wife had chicken in a port and stilton sauce which she enjoyed and i had salmon in a prawn sauce with "salad" and chips which was okay but the salmon was not that large, a personnel point that is.We both had toffee apple pie to finish which was nice.
Now what dissapointed us, we were sat by the door which takes you into the next dining room, well what seemed like every 10 secs waiters / waitresses seemed to be rushing through, understand people want a hot meal but it seemed non stop.
To prove my point when i noticed the waiter coming with my meal i noticed some of my salad go flying off the plate, i mentioned it to him and he said it was only a slice of orange, i was lost for words, what was worse about 5 mins later he came down the aisle again and all the carrots on someone else`s salad went flying off the plate, must say it did make me laugh.
Basically my salad when it got to my plate was only leaves which made the salad bland to say the least.
When we went to pay one of the guys who seemed management asked if we had a nice meal and i said my salad was bland as half of it seemed to be on the carpet down the aisle, he said it should have been replaced at that was it, i did say it did not spoil my night as it was not the end of the world as such but it was part of my meal i paid for at the end of the day.
We found it to busy a place to eat in but everyone has different views and i always try to be fair when giving reviews as all my others show.