“what a mixed grill”

Ranked #22 of 88 Restaurants in Bakewell
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I visited the Ashford arms with two friends on sturdy last.we were greater by a very friendly owner and enjoyed the local ale before and during dinner.the service was fast and efficient and two portions of a delicious tomatoes and orange soup were soon polishedoff as were two differentmushroom starters. My main course mixed grill was superb, as was a. 16 oz steak, a lamb shank and stuffed chicken breast.none of us had room for desserts, maybe next time.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited 3 times in one week as we were so impressed with the quality of the food. The service was exceptional, as I have a wheat allergy they were very accommodating and helpful, even going so far as to make sure a slice of the desert that I could safely eat, was saved for me. Great value too, specially on a week night with their special offers.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Have just had Easter Sunday meal there, food was ok,but not enough of it!! Only a small amount of vegetables and my son asked for a Yorkshire pudding instead of stuffing with his chicken,but we were charged an extra 95p for it!
Food all tasted ok,but nothing special. All had a roast and I had salmon..
But the price of beer is what stunned me....£4.40 for a bottle of MAGNERS, £3.85 for a pint of Abbott, £3.65 !!! Totally shocked me, so 2 drinks each for 5 of us came to a total of £35.....!! Puddings almost £4 each....overpriced for the portions
The full meal and drinks were worth about £70 definatly not £99.70 which is what we were charged!!
Wont bother going again!!

1  Thank curlywurly123
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This pub restaurant is possibly one of the best in the area with a fantastic food selection served by some of the friendliest staff you could wish to meet.The wednesday steak night menu offers steaks of various types up a 32 ounce which i imagine would be excellent but our party limited ourselves to the normal size's and all came cooked to our individual requirements with a wonderful accompanyment of sauces and selection of vegetables.The meal was perfect and served very professionally,the bar staff are also good and serve a good selection of beers and wines which you can enjoy in nice surroundings of take your drinks to your table.All in all a very enjoyable evening which we shall undertake many more times in the future,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Myself, girlfriend and her family visited on a midday week evening for a family members birthday. Fortunatly we booked, this facility was completely packed from the moment we arrived till when we left. My advice no matter when visiting, book a table before hand. Despite it being so busy, the food was served quickly and there was little to no delay. Myself and most of the members of my party ordered from the early bird menu which was a starter and main for £9.95. The standard of food was outstanding for any price, let alone two courses for £9.95. The portions where what you expect for the price but the quality was very high. I cannot express enougth how good quality the two courses where, also ample choise from the menu. Something for everyone. The food was such good quality I decided to have a pudding, this is where my experience fell some what. The sticky toffee pudding I ordered was cold, after asking for it to be re-heated it came out cold again. Despite this, the overall visit was enjoyed and I would visit again in the near future. I highly recommend this establishment, remember to book.