“Just lovely”

Siam Palace Thai Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 345 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Just lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I can't believe I've missed out on this place, absolutely brill. I was recommended here by a friend, and I'm so glad I listened.
When I walked up the stairs I thought "oh dear", but as soon as you reach the main door and go through it totally transforms... it's decorated beautifully. I've never had or been to a Thai before, I normally stick to Indian's etc, so I don't know if they all look this way, but either way, I was totally impressed!
There were only a few tables in, so would like to return when more busy to comment on service really. The service we had at the time though was great, but I think this is only properly tested when places are busy.
The menu is very large, and because I have no idea about Thai food I just had a classic Thai Green Curry (I'm fussy so didn't want to be too adventurous on this occasion). I was so glad I chose this though as it was just so nice. Really impressed.
Will definitely come back here, such a beautiful place, beautiful food. Still can't believe I've missed out on it before now! A hidden gem really (or maybe it's just my generation who don't think to go here?) Who knows! We'll be back :)

• Visited March 2014

chesterfield
“Decent meal but not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Now I have to start by saying that although I have been to Thailand a few times and eaten a fair amount of good Thai cuisine it isn't my favourite so that may slightly colour my judgement.

I was taken to the restaurant as a treat by my dad for my daughters birthday and there were 8 of us including a 13 year old (happy birthday molly) and a 4 year old who only had a starter. I will get my main gripe out of the way first the bill came to £220 and 4 year old apart we all had 2 courses and a couple of drinks each. So if 2 of you went and had a bottle of wine and 2 courses it would be £70 - £80 ish, which is what I pay when I take my wife out to some of our favourite local restaurants....this doesn't come close to good value for money in my book.

Everyone had a really nice (but not exceptional meal). The service was excellent and the décor is fantastic.....you could be in Thailand!

We had a variety of meals and all were good apart from my Thai Green Curry, which was bland and they had substituted the aubergine (which I love) for green and red peppers which I hate. When I brought this to their attention as eating it wasn't an option for me. I got the same dish back 1 minute later minus the peppers.......I could have fished them out myself and considering the bland curry contained 5 bits of chicken and lots of carrots I was pretty fed up!

As I say it was a nice meal and main course disaster aside we had a pleasant evening but it is very expensive for what you get and there are much better restaurants in and around Chesterfield. If you love Thai food then this may be the place for you but personally I wont be going back!!

• Visited April 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A taste of Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I like Thai food and I must say that I find that this is the most authentic Thai restaurant in the Chesterfield area. I have visited Thailand and when you eat at this establishment, it is almost like being back in Bangkok. The food is freshly prepared, delivered swiftly with typical Thai polite service, and all at a cost that is more than reasonable. This place is my FAVOURITE restaurant. When asked where to go, in will invariably say "Thai." On occasion , I visit on a Saturday and have their lunch time special. A real treat. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
“First Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

First visit to the Siam Palace, upon walking up the stairs to the restaurant I was a bet worried but once I went through the doors into the restaurant it was like being in a different country. Being a chinese lover and only having thai a few times I decided to try the set menu which was very good value for money. Service was excellent and we were made to feel welcome. I will be visiting again but will not be choosing the set menu as my mouth was watering watching plates of grilled meat and jumbo king prawns pass me every 5 minutes :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Silvermonkey17
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“a fantastic experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

The staff are all very attentive. The restaurant is very clean and authentic and the atmosphere is very good. The food is always very tasty and well made. This is well worth a visit

Visited March 2014