“Lovely atmostphere and food”
Review of Maison Mes Amis

Maison Mes Amis
Ranked #31 of 359 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cannot fault this restaurant. The staff were attentive, the atmosphere and food were excellent. We went on a Saturday evening and it was very busy, so make sure you book well in advance.

1  Thank pudsey1234

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Having been a regular at the old 'mes amis', we have now been a couple of times to the new place. This is aimed at the service and attitude of the proprietor rather that the venue and food, which is reasonably good. Having been served by a surly waitress who banged our food down in front of us as we were sat at the next table from the proprietor it would be useful if the proprietor noticed such behavior! When the four of us stood up to leave she couldn't even be bothered to even look up and show any interest in her customers or ask whether we had enjoyed the food or even a goodbye. This is not the way to encourage a quick return to this place.

3  Thank 523MarkB523
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked to bring my Mum here for Mothers Day breakfast - It was my first time visiting and the first thing that we all noticed was how beautifully the restaurant interior has been transformed.... from a dark, grotty pub into a light, bright, chic, shabby chic style eatery. Chandeliers and murals painted on the walls... lots of beautiful touches.

We had the full cooked breakfast which was beautifully done - no complaints. It was a real shame they had run out of teapots - We saw other tables who had been given lovely china and decorated teapots but sadly we had to have Americano cups with tea-bags in. I'm hoping next time I visit here they'll have invested in more teapots so everyone can enjoy tea the way it should be done!

The staff are all very lovely - really smart and well dressed and very pleasant ladies who were all working very hard. Thank you to them for giving my Mum a lovely Mothers Day treat.

I'll definitely return here - it's the most stylish place in Chesterfield.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Met my friend for breakfast and thought the decor was amazing. Every inch is truly beautiful.
I booked a table for two as I'd heard that it was a really popular place.
I had poached egg on an English muffin where as my friend went for a bacon sandwich we had 2 lattes. My friend said it was the best bacon sandwich he'd ever had and my poached egg was cooked to perfection.
Two friends came to join us and although they had not booked we were moved to a bigger table and served. They had the bacon sandwiches and my friend and I shares a cherry and almond scone - delish!
Service was great and we were served by a lovely blonde girl who was happy to help.
Would certainly go back, lived the face that you could see into the immaculate kitchen that was in keeping with the whole place. Well done all!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

To put a honest review on this restaurant, it has a lot of potential as in well cooked food. But because of what i would consider quite high pricing £270.00 for six including wine, there are a few things that need dealing with. Our waitress had a face like a long wet weekend you don't have to smile all day but at least look happy when serving those who are keeping you in work. Attention to detail i had to get up to get my own sweet from the serving out area as the waitress had forgot. Didn't know who had ordered what, in a good restaurant the waitress should know who has ordered what so they do not have to interrupt conversation to ask who's is the Steak.
I will eat almost anything but there was no vegetarian option only a pescetarian option which i found strange for a restaurant.
Charging this amount in Chesterfield it must be excellent not average.

3  Thank NealeandSue