“Nice Food - Sloppy Poor Service Let Them Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Kaash Tandoori

Kaash Tandoori
Ranked #215 of 345 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chesterield, Derbyshire
“Nice Food - Sloppy Poor Service Let Them Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food that we had very nice and not bad value for money. The popadoms and pickle tray were good value and then the onion bhaji and lamb tikka were also very nice. For the main course we had chicken bhuna and chicken begum bahar and again good quality with plenty of chicken. Now for the service. This can only be described as rock bottom. There was a young waiter and waitress. The waitress didn't have a clue and had to ask the waiter what one of our starters was. The waiter was very rude and and unfriendly. This really spoiled the experience that we were hoping for. After we had finished our meal we then had to wait 20 minutes for the bill after asking for it. Its a shame the staff were very rude as the food was good.

• Visited September 2013

“Used to love this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We used to come to this Indian all the time The food was lovely but had gone down hill went for a birthday meal my partner had chicken tikka Masala Three chicken was very chewy and under cooked he left almost all of it I had the dry tikka this to was chewy and I had trouble eating it service was non existent to say they were very quiet hardly saw any waiters well not be returning in a hurry shame as I used to love this place

• Visited April 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Utter waste of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went to this restaurant last night following positive reviews but was very disappointed. Waiter service was sloppy and unprofessional. (ie. took our order lounging across a partition wall, brought pickles without plates, attempted to remove plates before we had finished; not asked us where we would like to sit) We ordered chicken madras which turned out to be no more than a watery chicken and tomato casserole devoid of any spices or heat and vegetable korma which was exactly the same taste as the chicken pasanda, in that they were both envelopped in a thick creamy almond-sweet sauce. To be fair the pickles, poppodums, plain boiled rice and naan bread were OK. We were not given a drinks menu so had no idea what they were charging and when we asked for the bill at the end of our meal the waiter just shouted out the price without presenting the bill to us. Pretty shabby service, poor quality food and although cheap at just over £25 for two, you could do far better elsewhere. The fire extinguisher which caused an obstruction at the bottom of a steep flight of stairs didn't really add to the dining experience. I've crossed this one off my list of Indian restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

good restaurant service, clean inside, well priced. lamb rogan was nice, my boiled was also good. although waiters seemed to be disorganised as it was quite busy.

Visited August 2013
chesterfield
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

After going to the restaurant and having a brilliant meal we decided to order a takeaway.
We ordered popadums and a pickle tray, chicken korma, a tandoori mixed grill and pilau rice. The food was delivered quickly but it's quality was rather poor. The pickle tray didnt come with any lime pickle which is my favourite part of any Indian takeway. The popadums werent crunchy and could only be described as soggy and sweaty. The korma was watery and tasteless and the rice was cold. The mixed grill was quite nice to be fair but nowhere nearly as good as it is when you eat in.
I would have it given 5 stars for my restaurant experience but as for the takeway, it doesn't deserve anymore than two stars. All in all three stars for my overall experience with Kaash.
Also I go by the "if the popadums aren't crunchy, walk away. If there no lime pickle, run!" mantra when it comes to curry houses which means unfortunately, I cannot recommend Kaash to anyone.

Visited June 2013