“Love this place”

Ranked #230 of 379 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We always have family celebrations here. Parents had Golden wedding here, and then today their Emerald......55 years!
Food great and plenty of it, the staff are friendly, and helpful, and reasonable prices.
Have booked again for June, see you then.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you’re looking for excellent value quality food, served in very pleasant surroundings by efficient and friendly staff then look no further. Just go to the Telmere Lodge. The quality of the food is superb and really reasonably priced. As a family we’ve tried many dishes from the excellent menu. All of which have never failed to please. My favourite is the 10 oz. Gammon with their fantastic chips which I would recommend unreservedly. The food is procured from local businesses which is also to be applauded and prepared by a chef who clearly enjoys his work – if the singing from the kitchen is anything to go by! The waitresses are super friendly and efficient. A good choice of wine and beers – and again my other favourite “Old Rosie”, cider from heaven! Eating out is expensive these days, but if you do fancy an excellent meal without a gamble, do try the Telmere Lodge. You won’t be disappointed and I bet you’ll go back again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went for a meal here with a group of girls for a works due. Food was excellent - especially the home made chips. Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely staff. Cant wait to come in the summer an sit in the beautiful garden. 10 out of 10

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Telmere Lodge is a friendly local with good food and the best hand cut chips in the area. We tried the two meals for £10 deal one lunchtime and there was so much on the plate, I couldn't finish mine. I had the lasagne, which was delicious and my husband had the scampi. We haven't tried The Codfather but we hear good things about it. My daughter and her husband have Sunday lunch there often.

Our son had his wedding reception there in December and they did the bride and groom proud with the buffet and the great room. I particularly liked the table full of Ferrero Rocher.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Excellent food, home cooked, very reasonably priced, friendly staff. Don't try the Codfather all you can eat challenge.. You will lose!