“Bland.”
Review of Raaz Indian Grill - CLOSED

Raaz Indian Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Bland.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I visited here hoping it would be better than the first time. The food was bland and uninspiring both times, I would go as far as to say tasteless. The first visit I put it down to me having a little bit of flu and that it must've been that making me not taste much but on my visit here this weekend I decided to try it again only to find the food bland. It was fresh and well cooked the service was friendly but the food massively lacking in taste. Coming from Bradford the cost is high in comparison but if it was tasty that wouldn't of bothered me as I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, sadly not in this case. Shame because I was looking forward both times to having what everyone else seems to think is the best place for curry in Chesterfield. Maybe I've been spoilt living where I do but in my eyes it doesn't live up to the reputation it holds.

1 Thank Dysheeki
umar z, Owner at Raaz Indian Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
From our reviews it clearly shows our food is not bland. Every dish is cooked individually with the spices on the menu. I asked you if your meal was ok you replied great, and I cleared your table and the plate was cleared you even had an Indian tea. Any issues you should have bought it to our attention.

Our menu is around £15 per head including drinks, For many years Indian food has been seen has cheap food, Italian, French, and many other cuisines you pay a lot more. The cost of Lamb, chicken, spices, staff wages, bills are rising all the time. Bradford is not chesterfield every town, city has its own rent and rates. Bradford restaurants are popular only because theirs a huge Asians clientele, I've been to many and thought they were average. The competition is immense in Bradford so many restaurants are doing offers. I can assure you many of them are selling mutton and not lamb because fresh breast of chicken and lamb is very expensive.

I believe in excellent service and the highest quality of dishes.

Umar

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

As a lover of Indian food, and after reading the rave reviews on TA we decided to eat here - we were not disappointed! After discussing what I like, I was recommended by the waiter to try the Afghani Murgh, it was delicious, really tasty - an excellent choice. The lamb chops for a starter were also first rate! All of our party commented on the quality of their meals, we also liked the touch of the jug of tap water placed on the table soon after our arrival. Although busy on a Friday, the service was also good, competent and friendly staff - we will definitely be back for a return visit!

• Visited January 2014
Pontefract, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful new years meal”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I and my son (Marko, his wife and my granddaughter )had a very enjoyable meal on New years evening superb food,and service could not be faulted at all Mrs Patricia Krlic.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank patriciakrlic79
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Indian treat”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Simply, the food is very good, a world away from the usual "English" oriented Indian food. Lamb Dupiaza on a paratha with Tarka Dhal. Can't beat it!

Visited December 2013
“A must try restaurant! !!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I don't like Indian food ! A friend of mine suggested we go to raaz I was reluctant thinking your usual typical Indian with groups of men enjoying their pints and vindaloo. How wrong was I from the moment I walked in I was greeted at the door with a lovely waiter who seated us at a nice candle lit table with complimentary poppadoms and iced water was a lovely touch and the menu was new to me with dishes I never heard of from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. The waiter explained the menu and recommended a few dishes . I opted for the afghani jinga (king praws) what an amazing dish! All in all enjoyable evening with excellent service .keep up the good work .