“Okay but not perfect” 3 of 5 bubbles

Brewers Fayre Lock Keeper
Ranked #188 of 341 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesterfield
“Okay but not perfect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went as had a voucher to use
The online membership is good. The meals are ok for the money but the side accompanyments were so over done looked and tasted gross so had to return them. They let them selves down by even trying to serve them.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Highly inconsistent”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went with my parents and much younger brother. Harry went off to play in the indoor play area which smelled distinctly of urine. We then ordered our meals. Both me and my mother ordered lamb shank. I ordered mine with garden peas and she ordered hers with buttered cabbage. When they came mine was reasonable and what I expected for the price and standard of the establishment. My mother's was almost identical except for the fact that her portion of cabbage was equivalent to two table spoons. My father had ordered beef and ale pie and when that arrived the pastry looked quite impressive but when he turned it out he had a similar portion of filling that my mother had of cabbage. I think it's fair to say that Harry (my brother) enjoyed the experience more than any of the rest of us.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Chesterfield
“A Massive Improvement, Brilliant!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I came here a few years ago and it was absolutely horrendous.

What a turn around!!! I thought I would give it a go as I am bored of some of the pubs in Chesterfield. A good, simple menu. I am vegetarian and there were 4 options which doesn't sound a lot but from a small menu, its fantastic! I had macaroni cheese with a side of pan fried mushrooms, my sister had bangers and mash and it was a massive portion and my partner had the smothered chicken and it was gone within minutes!

The desserts are quite cheap and briliant! My sister and I had the brownie and it was lovely and my partner had the apple crumble and it looked lovely.

Highly recommended, very glad I gave it a second chance!!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a busy restaurant so suggest booking a table if you can. Food is reasonable and they offer a savers menu and themed nights. This is probably what makes it so popular. Staff are always very welcoming and I would say this is probably one of my favourite restaurants which is linked to a Premier Inn.

Visited September 2013
“Good food and service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Business trip staying in Premier Inn, booked evening meal and was pleasantly surprised by helpful staff with a smile.
Food from menu was cooked to my liking and did not have to wait too long to be served.
Overall good value, pleasant staff and would visit again.