All reviews town centre busy road crossing the road ibis chesterfield would stay again budget hotels central location what it says on the tin shower gel double room bed was comfortable car parking crooked spire good size one night stay checking out short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Lovely 2 night stay spent in this comfortable central hotel. Within easy walking distance of main amenities it offered a good base for our stay. We opted for breakfast on both days and it was value for money. Although the hotel seemed busy there was no noise and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Free car parking .

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Chesterfield_Centre, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review. We are please you had such a good stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kindest regards, Kay Buttery.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Room on 3rd floor was a decent size and bed very comfy. Tea/Coffee making facilities, tv, hairdryer electric fan and soap/shower gel in bathroom. Shower wasn't very powerful and not as hot as I'd like but bathroom was large.
Free parking.
Staff were very pleasant. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel so can't comment.
For a budget hotel we had no complaints.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank your for taking the time to write your review and share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kindest regards, Kay Buttery.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

This is a two-star hotel and proud of it. Part of the Accor chain, this Ibis provides no non-sense accommodations for those who don’t think of their hotel as some kind of destination. Located in the modern periphery of the otherwise adorable town of Chesterfield, it is set amongst great traffic circles from which pedestrians only with luck escape with their lives. The hotel’s amenities are minimal—no exercise room or swimming pool, no laundry or room service, no detachable hangers, telephone, or air-conditioning. But the beds are satisfyingly firm; the linens clean; and the wifi excellent and free if not particularly secure. The shower is walk-in and the breakfast was terrific. Moreover, the spacious, if architecturally non-descript lobby, offers a variety of board games and billiards as well as a bar and a restaurant. It didn’t matter that the bar was limited and the menu more so. From a few tables, a patron even has a view of the famous crooked spire of Chesterfield’s parish church.
But the best aspect of my Ibis experience (and my experience was a six-week-long-one because, while we were traveling in Derbyshire, my husband fell ill and was hospitalized a mile and a half away from the Ibis at the Chesterfield Royal Hospital) were the staff. The young men and women working at the Ibis are multitasked with checking in guests, making any food that might be ordered, serving drinks, and cleaning up. Only one of the staff members to whom I talked was interested in a career in the hospitality industry. Rather they took jobs at the Ibis because they were between things, it was convenient, they needed a second job. They lacked the customary performative distance and solicitousness of hotel professionals. They were great—Jay, Laura, Natalie and the others not only helped with transportation arrangements and printing medical forms, but also with consolation on bad days in the hospital and shared pleasure on the good ones. I will always be grateful to them for making a very hard and lonely situation less so.

Date of stay: July 2017
5  Thank Annabel W
Chesterfield_Centre, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write your review, it is very much appreciated. Kind regards, Kay Buttery

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I was torn between average and very good and will give the reasons why.
The positives: it's in a great location - couple of minutes walk up the street and there's a few bars, pubs and a wetherspoons. The beds were super comfy - I loved them. The bathroom was large and the shower was excellent.
The negatives: the rooms are boiling hot! We opened a window overnight and the traffic didn't bother us as we were on the back but our room on the first floor looked out onto a roof of what I would guess is the cafe area. It rained all night and I'd guess there was a leak somewhere in a gutter as all we could hear was a pretty constant and loud splat on the roof outside. Second night when it wasn't raining was much better with the window open. Secondly, the little lamp at the side of my bed would stay on for about 10mins then fade out - not great when trying to read in bed. I got dressed and went to report it but they didn't have the correct lightbulb and said someone would look at it in the morning. They offered us a room change (which now I wish we'd taken as maybe we wouldn't have had the loud water splats all night) but having unpacked for staying 2 nights/3days and ready for bed, we didn't really fancy lugging our stuff about. I assume like promised someone did look at it while we were out the next day as it was on when we got back. I switched it off, went out for the evening, returned and put it back on when getting in bed. About 10 mins later it faded out! Reported it when leaving. Also on arrival, I felt better customer service would be nice - a staff member was dealing with a customer in the bar area and had to walk past me a couple of times whilst doing so and didn't even acknowledge I was there - a simple 'hello' or 'I won't be long' would have been enough.
Would I stay again - yes probably due to it being a decent price and excellent location - excellent as a base to go and explore the local area. However the above little niggles made me give it an 'average' rating rather than 'very good'.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Despite the couple of issues, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come to stay again in the future and give us the opportunity to provide you with a 'very good' stay or even an 'excellent' stay. Kind regards, Kay Buttery.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

nice hotel for the price you pay, but the rooms are sooooo hot, can be sickening, especially if you're there in the summer. They know this and put fans in rooms, but it really misses some kind of climate control feature. Naturally in building like this, heat will intensify.
Other than that, it's clean, friendly and excellent value... i would stay again, but in Winter, but no in the summer. No way.
The rooms are also very basic, so not a good idea if you want to relax and spend a lot of time in it, as it's just a box!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry you had a problem with the summer heat. Unfortunately, to install air conditioning in the rooms would be a major and costly job. The company would probably not invest to benefit 2 or 3 weeks of the year, which is a real shame. We look forward to seeing you again in the cooler months. Kind regards, Kay Buttery.