“Excellent place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good value for money and in a great location. The staff are polite and helpful. Will definately recommend this hotel and can't wait to plan another trip. The room was of a high standard and it was very clean. The bed was comfortable so I had a great night's sleep ready for a busy day of sightseeing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Lynnie, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one night trip as a cheap (29 booked in advance) option to an early drive up from the Midlands. I arrived to find plenty of parking and was shown to a beautiful room. After 5 minutes it occurred to me the road outsid emy room was VERY noisy and I knew I would not sleep as I am a very light sleeper.

I popped down to reception and asked if there was anything they could do? I was told very nicely that as this was a City centre hotel there was a busy road on both sides of the hotel, but that there were some rooms with triple glazing and they happily moved me, even helping when I couldnt get the key to work.

The room was spotless, the bed soooooo comfy with a mattress topper to ais a good nights sleep. I again went down to reception and aske dfor more tea bags, the friendly staff just said, 'No problem madam, help yourself from the cafe, which I did.

I had breakfast the next morning and there was excellent choice from the usual cooked to cold meats and cheeses, plus muffins and croissants. Lovely.

On checking out of th ehotel, I dashed off to my meeting only to realise I had forgotton my reading glasses, I telephoned and the hotel said they would check my room. I expected to wait an hour or so till I heard form them, but Jay phoned within ten minutes confirming they were on reception whenever I needed them.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for the friendly staff and excellent quality bed (no saggy mattresses).

I will return.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper aske for a triple glazed room, if not dont worry all the rooms are lovely...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Jackyc , Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back at Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Northallerton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service at the bar could have been quicker.
Food order took a long time.
Beds comfortable. Hotel was very clean.
Impressed with the 2 x double glazing to keep out the noise.
Not very easy to find, sat-nav took us to wrong place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank SusanN0rthallertOn
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Susan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Chesterfield Centre I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the bar and food service, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Bingley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was booked in to this hotel by my company for an overnight stay with a business meeting scheduled for the next morning. Arrived tired following a long drive.i was pleased with the prompt booking in service. The room catered well for my needs and was warm clean and comfortable. We all went out to eat however on returning spent a relaxing hour in the bar before retiring for the night. Breakfast next morning was good. For what i would call a reasonably priced hotel i was very pleased with the overall stay. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank elisaJames
Dear Elisa, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is located in the middle of chesterfield and is great for getting around, BUT beware the noise from the traffic on the bypass which runs along the back starts around 4am and just gets louder as the morning goes on. when I Complained at the reception the answer I got was, that the hotel was built before the bypass. I was offered a room on the front of the hotel. but my suggestion was that they upgraded there glazing some time in the future.

Room Tip: not a room at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Darren, I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfied Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. There are no plans to upgrade the windows, however given your comments is is certainly something that we will review for the future. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continually improve on the customer care service we provide. Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Chesterfield hotels

Bingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

For the amount of money paid what a bargain great location not a problem at all.
The rooms were clean and tidy we had a meeting with business colleagues in the dining area before our overnight stay. It fitted for everything we wanted and more not a complaint in any area at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have now stayed at the at the Ibis Chesterfield several times on business. Every time the quality of welcome and cleanliness has been brilliant. The only comment is the size of the car park, which if you arrive later in the evening can mean parking in the road outside! Overall the Ibis Chesterfield is a great budget hotel in a great location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Steve, Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.