“My stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Northallerton
“My stay”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service at the bar could have been quicker.
Food order took a long time.
Beds comfortable. Hotel was very clean.
Impressed with the 2 x double glazing to keep out the noise.
Not very easy to find, sat-nav took us to wrong place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank SusanN0rthallertOn
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Susan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Chesterfield Centre I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the bar and food service, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was booked in to this hotel by my company for an overnight stay with a business meeting scheduled for the next morning. Arrived tired following a long drive.i was pleased with the prompt booking in service. The room catered well for my needs and was warm clean and comfortable. We all went out to eat however on returning spent a relaxing hour in the bar before retiring for the night. Breakfast next morning was good. For what i would call a reasonably priced hotel i was very pleased with the overall stay. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank elisaJames
Dear Elisa, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is located in the middle of chesterfield and is great for getting around, BUT beware the noise from the traffic on the bypass which runs along the back starts around 4am and just gets louder as the morning goes on. when I Complained at the reception the answer I got was, that the hotel was built before the bypass. I was offered a room on the front of the hotel. but my suggestion was that they upgraded there glazing some time in the future.

Room Tip: not a room at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Darren, I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfied Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. There are no plans to upgrade the windows, however given your comments is is certainly something that we will review for the future. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continually improve on the customer care service we provide. Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Chesterfield hotels

Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

For the amount of money paid what a bargain great location not a problem at all.
The rooms were clean and tidy we had a meeting with business colleagues in the dining area before our overnight stay. It fitted for everything we wanted and more not a complaint in any area at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Chesterfield Centre Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have now stayed at the at the Ibis Chesterfield several times on business. Every time the quality of welcome and cleanliness has been brilliant. The only comment is the size of the car park, which if you arrive later in the evening can mean parking in the road outside! Overall the Ibis Chesterfield is a great budget hotel in a great location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve, Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Chesterfield Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Shropshire
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In spite of being on a very busy road and large roundabout we found the room suprisingly quiete due to very good double glazing. Maybe a problem in summer if you need to have window open. A bit of a roundabout walk to get to the town centre but not a big problem. Clean, comfortable and friendly. Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Inge, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Chesterfield Centre and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

On our quarterly get together with my cousins we decided to meet in Chesterfield. We chose the Ibis following reviews and our requirements for a budget hotel conveniently situated. The Ibis is easy to find and although on a roundabout once in the hotel the noise is not an issue. It is ideally situated in the town so the car was not required to go to a restaurant or look around the town. We arrived, and as the rooms were not ready, we were offered self service coffee free of charge, a nice touch. We eventually checked in and found the rooms clean and tidy. Wireless broadband is offered at a cost but ipod running through the television is free. There was a fan in the room which is handy for me as I get hot drying my hair. Sockets were well situated although the lighting could be better. There is a television offering movies and the bed was very comfortable. Noise was not a problem and most of our rooms were at the back of the hotel where windows could be opened. While getting ready to go out we discovered the shower hose in room 125 leaked so much the water from the shower head did not have a lot of power. The drain also needed cleaning as the water was very slow to drain away. In 103 the temperature of the shower was lukewarm going to cold at times. Following a call to reception my cousin was told 'lots of people are having showers at the moment', this did not improve in the morning so there is possibly a problem with the thermostat on the shower, not the hot water tank! Not a satisfactory response from a modern hotel. The temperature in room 125 was acceptable as I do not like a very hot shower but when I tried to turn the heat up it did not matter how much I turned the temperature control the temperature did not change. Others in our party had piping hot showers so their thermostats must be working! Opening the hotel doors was another issue with room 125 and room 119 taking up to 6 swipes before they would open Overall, it is a budget hotel with some rooms better than others, Room 119 and Room 104 were fine when were visited. The staff were pleasant and as helpful as they could be but the hotel seemed short of staff. When checking out the issue of the lukewarm shower in room 103 was broached and staff said the Manager was not in the hotel and to phone him on Monday. A surprising situation at a large hotel IMO.

Room Tip: avoid rooms 103 and 125 until the shower issues have been sorted. The rooms at the front of the hote...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IBISCHESTERFIELDCTR, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield Centre, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest ,I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfied Centre wasn’t up to expectations. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating your points of concern. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback as this will enable me to continually improve on the customer care service we provide.Kind regards, Janet Cummings General Manager.