“Outstanding,outstanding, outstanding!”

Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Absolutely fantastic restaurant, difficult to accept its a hotel restaurant as it wouldn't be out of place in London! Staff and food fantastic and I don't say this lightly as we are very particular diners and eat regularly at Michelin restaurants. The steaks we had had were cooked to perfection and was probably one of the absolute best we have had anywhere. The choice of food is excellent as well as a lovely wine list which I have to say is very well priced indeed!! I know the owner has commented previously that they do not class themselves as fine dining but I honestly think he is doing himself an injustice! The only comment I would make to improve the service is that the wine glasses should be topped up when staff are passing rather than us having to pour ourselves, a very small thing but because they have honestly set the bar so high with the restaurant this small thing would really finish it off perfectly other than than It was a faultless wonderful dining experience that I cannot wait to come back and see the family again very soon so we can stay and eat here again.

Mr Perez you have staff and a hotel to be very proud of indeed, which I'm sure you are. We will definitely be returning customers.

LucieKrajankova, Restaurant Manager at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Mel B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your meal here in Cocina. I am so pleased to read that you think so highly of us. Did you manage to take advantage of our wine of the month offer? We hand pick a bottle of red and a bottle of white wine every month as our ‘wine of the month’; these are expertly paired with the food that is on the menu.

Thank you once again for this glowing review of Cocina and we look forward to seeing you again in the new future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have just returned from Cocina at Casa having had a very enjoyable sunday lunch to celebrate a friends birthday! There were about 17 of us so we had to sit a two seperate tables but as they were next to each other it wasn't a problem.

We started with drinks in the bar downstairs, which were expensive but no more so than in many hotels I have stayed in and less than some! The barmaid was very friendly and quite amused when i asked for diet tonic instead of slimline.

After we had a chance to look at the menu, 4 starters, 4 mains to chose from, we were shown up to the very tastefully decorated restaurant. The service we received was excellent throughout and the waitresses couldn't do enough to make sure everyone was happy....including my 3 year old daughter!

I opted for the tapas starter which was lovely - ciabatta topped with fresh tomatoes & basil. a cheese stuffed mushroom, great ham and a nice fish croquette. The majority of us had the saddle of roast beef which was served how you like it (medium rare for me) and was absolutely delicious. Due to the fact that i had eaten most of my 3 year olds huge peice of beef.....allegedly a childs portion! I couldn't manage a dessert, but the ones i saw looked very nice too.

The cost was £20 for 3 courses, which is reasonable for the quality on offer and even better as we were being treated......

All in all a very nice restaurant with fantasitic service, which i will definately be taking my wife back to when we next get a baby sitter!

Dear spireiteboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your meal in Cocina. We really appreciate the kind words you have said about the team here and our food. Did you know that the majority of the food served within Casa is sourced at our owners organic farm, Walton Lodge, which is just four miles away from the hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future and that you get the chance to sample some of our fabulous desserts.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We ate at Casa last night with some friends, six of us in total. I was immediately impressed by the staff, they were very friendly and attentive. We ate in the restaurant which feels like a modern restaurant in Barcelona, you wouldn't know you were in Chesterfield!
The food was gorgeous, I had salmon to start followed by a fillet steak cooked in their barbecue ovens and it was perfect. My husband had scallops followed by baked sea bass and said his was equally good. And the restaurant was just about full on a Wednesday night. Great food, excellent service in a lovely atmosphere - I would recommend it ny time.

Dear NickyBChesterfield,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your meal in Cocina, I am so pleased to hear that you had such an excellent experience. We are very fortunate to have such a great team within the restaurant, that are on hand to make your meal as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My sister and I ate here on Feb 15th.i was amazed that every table in the restaurant was full.I had the turbot which is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten,my sister had the monkfish which she said was delicious too.My sister does not eat desserts but was offered a cocktail instead which was a nice touch.£110 for three courses and wine we thought was a good price for a special occasion.We will definitely return.

LucieKrajankova, Restaurant Manager at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Clare E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your meal here in Cocina Restaurant. It is great to hear that you had such a great experience here on the 15th Feb and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I went on Fri 15th Feb for a meal. Nice looking place, modern and clean. Waiting and bar staff all seemed quite young but were very attentive and professional. We ordered a few tapas dishes, pil pil prawns and aioli - which were delish but I am pretty sure it was garlic mayo. Squid and bruschetta were great. I had venison, ever had it before and it was absolutely fantastic and hubby had sirloin which he said was great. Onion rings as a side( not needed tho). We had a pleasant house white. No dessert as we were stuffed. All was great but the restaurant was very busy and we were seated near the open kitchen, but I could see the pot washer, which was not ideal. I didn't ask to change tables as I am not sure there was one available. Overall well worth a visit but I would ask ext tine to be seated in a quieter/less busy area if possible £85 for two courses and a bottle of house white

Dear runforrestrun_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your meal in Cocina Restaurant. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a great time here, as you can imagine the days around Valentine’s Day are a busy time for restaurants and I can only apologise that you were able to see our back of house team in action from your table.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.