“First Class - Great Service and Brilliant Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cocina Restaurant

Cocina Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 345 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“First Class - Great Service and Brilliant Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

What an experience... Great atmosphere, service and food! I went for steak (locally sourced!) and it was perfectly cooked and tender. Topped the meal off with a couple bottles of Hoopers Dandelion and Burdock (first time I had seen it!) which was smashing! Would certain recommend....

Thanks Cocina!

• Visited November 2012
LucieKrajankova, Restaurant Manager at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear HungrySmith,

Thank you for your review on Cocina, I am glad to hear that you had a great experience whilst dining with us. We believe that because our meat is sourced at our own local farm it makes it extra special and different from all other meat available around here.

Hope to see you again soon

Bournemouth
“Spanish Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The quality of the food was exceptional. the steak was tasty and tender and the monkfish was lovely. I highly reccommend this restaurant!

Visited August 2012
LucieKrajankova, Restaurant Manager at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Lee W,

Thank you for reviewing the Cocina restaurant. We source all of our meat from our own organic farm, Walton Lodge, which we believe gives the steak the tenderness you don’t normally find in other steaks.
Hope to see you
again soon in Cocina,

Luccie
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dire Tapas!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was embarrased to take a couple of business associates there for lunch on 30th October 2012. Restaurant not open for lunch in a supposed 4**** hotel is bizzare, then we had to sit at a table in the bar, which we could only just peer over the top of. Felt like we were in the middle of a scene from Alice in Wonderland! But the real crime, was the dire 'Tapas' they served up by a young waitress lacking in basic social skills and ettiquette, let alone 4 star training. Everything was cold, congealed and worst of all - bland. Spanish themed my backside!

1 Thank Simon C
StevePerez, Owner at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Simon C,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on the 30th October, and I would very much like to get to the root of the problem. However, we have tried to contact you multiple times to understand what was amiss with your experience, but unfortunately you have not yet replied to our messages. After searching our database we have been unable to find a record of your complaint being made on this date, which seems rather strange.

In Barca we serve a variety of both hot AND cold tapas; would it be possible that you ordered our cold tapas dishes mistaking it for a dish off the hot menu? I find it rather offensive that you described one of the members of my team as ‘lacking in basic social skills and etiquette’; this is a personal attack on our staff which I find unacceptable. Our team are hardworking, down to earth and loyal. Look at any of our reviews on trip advisor which will confirm this. In regards to the food being ‘Spanish themed my backside’, as you will see by my name I am of Spanish origin. The tapas are authentically Spanish although, obviously, made here in Derbyshire. Also you will have seen, upon entering my hotel, that in the public areas are pieces of Spanish art and lithographs which I have personally collected.

Please contact me on 01246 216019 so that this matter can be resolved.

Steven J Garcia Perez
Owner of Casa Hotel
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

First time I have eaten here and it left me with a mixed view. The positives were that the politeness & service by the staff was good, although the new waiter could not remember what ciders they did and had to check - answer was 2 - Magners & Kopparberg. The quality of the food was very good and everyone in the group agreed. However, the length of time taken between each course was ridiculous, even taking into account that the food was freshly prepared / cooked. Nearly 30 mins for the starter & over 45mins for the mains was very poor. At the time we ate the restaurant looked about a third full, at best. The table was booked for after the start of the football, so god knows what the service would have been like!! If it hadn't been for the fact that I was meeting with friends I had not seen for a long while the evening would have been spoilt by such slow service. Needs to improve.

LucieKrajankova, Restaurant Manager at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Ericthered94

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Cocina. I am sorry that you felt the wait on your food was excessive this is not an indicatiion of our normal standards and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and has been addressed with the attention it warrants.
We are very pleased to hear that you were impressed with the quality of our food, where possible we use our own organically reared produce sourced from the owners farm, Walton Lodge, just 4 miles away.

Thank you for recognising the quality of the staff, we are very proud of our team and we take the training and development of them very seriously to further improve their skills and knowledge. Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had another very good meal and experience at Cocina last Saturday night.
Excellent quality food and wine, the likes of which you would expect in a first rate European city but with great local service.
Tapas and the Josper grilled Fish and meat are fantastic."

• Visited October 2012
LucieKrajankova, Restaurant Manager at Cocina Restaurant, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear MilanJK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on Cocina. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic experience in the restaurant. The Josper really does make the difference to some of our dishes.

We hope to see you again soon.