Casa Hotel
Ibis Chesterfield North(Barlborough)(Great Value!)
$46
Twin Oaks Hotel(Palterton)
$85
$80
$77
The Portland Hotel(Chesterfield)(Great Value!)
$46
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
1,524 results
All reviewscocina restaurantbarca barfresh milk in the fridgetapasjacuzzi suitepicasso suitehot tubhomemade biscuitsmodern hotelexcellent hotellittle touchescomfortable bedsrestaurant staffhigh standardsaturday nightplenty of parkingevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had to spend 3 nights in this hotel, over a weekend, to attend one of my staff's wedding. Upon arrival I was shown to my room and likewise how to operate the air-conditioning. From here on in the days in my room became intolerable as I was unable to maintain the degree of the lowest temperature by using the room's controls. I am registered disabled and have both heart and lung conditions which require me to try to stabilise a low body temperature, I also suffer sleep apnoea which is not helped when trying to sleep in a stuffy and hot room! Over the course of my stay I contacted, or went down to, the desk 6 (SIX) times to complain. They said they could see from their screens at reception that the temperature was not what I was saying I wanted it to be (an acceptable 18 degrees) that they could, and did, over-ride the systems when they thought people were not in their rooms; mine showed anywhere between 22 to 25 C. degrees at varying times...this was when the outside temperature was between 85-90 Fahrenheit. On the last evening I finally managed to get the night manager to check the temperature in my room and he confirmed that it was NOT what I wanted; no reasons as to WHY it wasn't, no apologies were made or offered, not even a suggestion that maybe they could provide a fan. I informed him that the reason I had chosen Casa was because of Trip Advisor comments and that MINE would most certainly NOT be a favourable one! Avoid this hotel, stay in the "Hampton" by Hilton in Sheffield - I spent the next 5 COOL days there....BLISS!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Globetrotter--Retd
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2015

Dear Globetrotter--retd

I am sincerely sorry that you were uncomfortable during your stay with us. I can assure you that all of our Air Con is serviced regularly and any faults that we are aware of are dealt with and rectified as quickly as possible.
I am sorry on this occassion that we were not able to achieve this.

Mark Thurman
Operations Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Visited my wife's family in Chesterfield after a short break in Manchester. The girl at check in had excellent customer service skills and the reception was clean and tidy.
Our room smelt badly of sweaty feet/sewerage in the bathroom, which made it unpleasant. We informed reception and had to keep the bathroom door shut.
We ate in the hotel and were the only guests in the bar restaurant. Food was of good quality, but we had to wait a long time in between courses.
Breakfast is poor with little choice and poor quality food.
Next time we will just stay with in laws.
Disappointing.

Room Tip: High floor for view of car park.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

We are currently in contact with the reviewer to gain more information regarding the content of the review. Once we have received a response we will be able to reply comprehensively.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Casa cropped up on a search as we needed somewhere between Sussex and North Yorkshire to stay. What a lovely find. As others have said comfortable beds, very clean rooms and a great(quite unexpected ) Spanish atmosphere. We ate from the reasonably priced Early Bird menu, good choice of wine by the glass, although we thought that the pricing was on the high side (maybe because we had just returned from a wine trip to Rioja and had bought some of the listed wines and knew the mark up- and of course there is the Chancellors added slice!). We would happily stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear jenniegSussex

Thank you for posting your review. I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Far and away the best value for money hotel in and around Chesterfield. Came up one night for a football match at the nearby football ground. The room was spotless, the beds very comfortable and I thought the breakfast was very good, unlike one or two recent reviewers. There were two functions on in the hotel, but staying on the fourth floor we didn't hear anything. The air conditioning get the room very cool despite almost being inaudible. The only very slight criticism was that although one of the two lunches we ordered in the bar was very good, my selection of a sandwich was a little bland. I would choose something different in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear johnnyboyDorset

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate the time taken to provide this feedback and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Huge room, greeted with champagne and strawberries, hot tub on our balcony, spa treatments, beautiful 3 course meal, amazing cocktails, incredibly comfy bed and breakfast the following morning! Would definitely recommend the girls night in package!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sd1990

Dear sd1990

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time. The Girls Night in Package offers excellent value for money and is proving very popular. I do hope we can welcome you back soon.