“Excellent Hotel - a lovely surprise”
Review of Casa Hotel

Casa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
Sydney
“Excellent Hotel - a lovely surprise”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

One of the better hotels that I have stayed in when visiting England. The staff were very welcoming, the facilities were very good and a great room. The bed was very comfortable and I was very pleased to be see a large TV with a large number of satellite channels.
The hotel is also very easy to find and has a large Tesco supermarket across the road which was useful for buying a couple of items I needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
stuartdownham, operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Austravel,

Thank you for providing us with such positive feedback for Casa Hotel. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay with us. We are in a prime location, on the edge of the beautiful peak district and being only 7 miles away from the M1 making us extremely accessible to neighbouring cities Sheffield and Nottingham.

We hope to see you again when you are next in the UK.
Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This should be a 5 Star hotel but they have decided that valet parking and a concierge are not really necessary and I fully agree. My wife and I have just spent 4 nights there whilst we visited local National Trust properties and the National Park.

The hotel is excellent value for money, especially if you can find a rate that includes the excellent buffet breakfast. They also cook fresh to order, at no extra cost, including exceptional smoked haddock and poached eggs and fresh grilled kippers. The staff were attentive, eager to assist and all in all a credit to the place.

The rooms are modern and well equipped, with a king sized bed that must be the most comfortable I have ever slept in. So much so that I am researching buying the identical bed for my own home ( Interestingly the hotel can arrange to sell you an identical one as well). Free wi fi throughout the hotel made keeping in touch a breeze. The flat screen TV had the usual range of Freeview programmes as well as Sky Sports 1-3 . My only gripe about the room would have to be that there was only a shower and no bath, however the shower was huge and had the rainforest type shower head which was excellent.

The hotel is situated next to a major junction but is extremely quiet due to the glazing and we had no trouble sleeping at any time.

It is ideally situated for exploring most of the must see's in Derbyshire and all in all is a cracking place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
stuartdownham, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear LondonUKPhil,

I am delighted that you had such a fabulous stay at Casa hotel and I hope you enjoyed the National Trust parks and properties. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback, we do have rooms available with baths so on your next visit please book directly through the hotel and we can ensure that you receive one of these rooms.

As you are aware, you can purchase our award winning Hypnos beds directly through Casa so if you were interested then please contact the hotel and we can provide you with further details.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I travel a lot on business and stay in many different hotels internationally. My first time in Chesterfield......The Casa Hotel was without doubt one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a long time. Excellent rooms, excellent restaurant where I had an evening meal and the breakfast was excellent. Best poached eggs I had in 10 years which were made-to-order by the breakfast chef.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
stuartdownham, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Brendan B,

Thank you for leaving a review for Casa Hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the breakfast to such a high standard. If you were to return on a social visit to experience some of the beautiful peak district then please contact the hotel directly and we will ensure you receive the best rate.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Sheffield UK
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel with lovely public areas and rooms. Drinks and food quite pricey for something not really that special. My major negative would be the reception staff who require some customer service training which is a shame because the whole ambience of the place is lovely!

• Stayed December 2011
stuartdownham, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear bthest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found our hotel to have a lovely ambience, our staff must take enormous credit for this warm atmosphere. I am disappointed to hear that you felt the reception staff needed further training, it is difficult for me to address the specifics of this as your stay was almost a year ago and I am confident that the level of service we provide on the front desk and throughout the hotel is worthy of our status as the highest rated 4* hotel in Derbyshire.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel a number of times on business and with my good lady for a short vacation. The service is first class and the food in the restaurant is very good indeed, especially when you consider the price.

If anyone is looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the Chesterfield area you should consider the CASA hotel

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
stuartdownham, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Martin W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Casa Hotel. We work very hard to ensure that our guests receive the highest standard of service so it is always rewarding when it is recognised.

We hope to see you again soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have our management meetings in Chesterfield and for years they have been 'routine'.
Not any more! We now stay at the superb Casa Hotel which makes our monthly visit an eagerly awaited delight. The facilities are excellent, the staff fantastic but the food! perfection. The restaurant and bar both deliver the finest fare. This would be a fantastic hotel in central London but in Chesterfield it has just moved things to another level. The best hotel we have used for many years. Well done Casa.

Room Tip: All are good
2 Thank Bob W
Dear Bob W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback for Casa hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your whole experience was to such a high standard. We pride ourselves in offering something unique to Chesterfield and are happy that you feel this has been successful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the upcoming future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My friend and I havevjust had a night in this delight of an independent hotel. The service was good especially young Attentive Charlotte in the restaurant. If only all restaurants had a Charlotte ! The food was scrummy and what you would expect in a first rate restaurant. The rooms spotless and very comfortable. Looking forward to visiting dreary Chesterfield again just so I can stay at The Casa again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Karen196666,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Casa Hotel. We are thrilled that you had such a fabulous stay with us. Charlotte is a very valued member of the team and I shall be sure to pass your kind words on to her.

We hope to welcome you back to Cocina or Casa in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Stuart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Peak Edge Hotel
#4 of 15 in Chesterfield
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!