“Early evening menu”

Casa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
“Early evening menu”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Have to order before 7 pm. Excellent value, no compromise on service or standard of food. Excellent service. Was looked after by a young waitress called Alice, who was fantastic, along with the other waitresses. Fantastic service and food in very pleasant and relaxed environment.

• Stayed July 2012
Victoria C, PR & Marketing Coordinator at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Dink30,
Thank you for leaving a review for Cocina restaurant at Casa, we really appreciate your time. Our early bird menu offers excellent value for money and is available Monday – Friday 6pm – 7pm. Thank you for your comments regarding Alice, we have passed this on to her and she is delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
lancashire
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Although we live in Blackpool, I'm relatively native to Chesterfield and sometimes stay at lower priced hotels in the area when not staying with family. As this visit was very sadly for my brother's funeral, I wanted something more relaxed, problem free and close to Brimington / Whitington / town centre. I noticed the new hotel on a previous, very recent visit and checked out the facilities on their website and reviews on TA.

I booked two nights online at short notice. I think there are 100 rooms, of which only 4 were left.

Location was excellent for me (as I knew where it was!), although some may find the surroundings roads and roundabouts rather busy. Handy for local pubs, town centre etc. Loads of parking available, even when customers were just visiting the hotel bar & restaurant on Friday night.

Check in was flawless and we were made to feel at home - often unusual for a hotel of this size, quality and rating.

The hotel has been open about 18 months and still looks brand new. Every part of the hotel is extremely well designed with lots of attention to detail!! Decor is excellent - someone has really thought it through. Never had to wait for a lift either!

Every member of staff I met was professional, friendly, welcoming, polite and helpful, whether I was in a suit or a Led Zeppelin t-shirt :-) Its just what I needed. I never once felt out of place, as you can quite often do in this type of hotel.

The room we had was excellent, again, well designed and extremely comfortable. Particularly the lovely large bed, walk-in shower and well equiped bathroom. A large modern TV, from which the sound is piped through to the bathroom! Things like an iron/ironing board, free wifi, free laptop sized safe, fresh milk in a fridge and cookies made in the hotel (both provided each day) are all nice, thoughtful touches that make a huge difference, to me at least.

Although the hotel is between the main road and by-pass (and across from one of the country's largest Tesco Extras), the hotel is well sound proofed. The curtains block out all the light (if you wish) from the huge room window (which you can open!). So a good night's sleep is easy!!! Possibly the best I've slept for these past few weeks.

Breakfast was excellent too. Located in the hotel's restaurant - again, very homely for a relatively large and modern hotel. Service was superb, with great quality food, many items cooked to order.

Only managed time for one drink in the Barca Bar, which is very well stocked - lots of choice. I will try harder next time!!!! The wife thought the (relatively small) gym was superb too, especially the state of the art cross-trainer.

I just want to thank the reception, restaurant & bar staff for making us feel so comfortable and welcome. It made a particularly difficult weekend a whole lot easier for me (and I didn't mention the purpose of our stay if anyone wonders that).

It was well worth spending that bit extra for the feel of luxury and quality. We won't even consider anywhere else the next time we need a hotel anywhere near the area. I was sad to leave!

Thank you!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tea40ne,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Casa, we really appreciate it. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel as comfortable as possible during a difficult time.
As Casa is an independently owned hotel, all the fixtures and fittings were picked out by the opening team, which included the owner himself. The artwork around the hotel has been chosen by Steve and is sourced mainly from Spain.
We know that there is nothing worse than not being able to make a nice tea or coffee with fresh milk so you will always find a complimentary bottle in your fridge. We also know that a biscuit is almost a necessity so our chefs bake them fresh every day to go into the bedrooms.
Make sure you keep checking our website for the latest offers and the best rates, and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I visited Casa hotel on the basis of the reviews on TA and had an amazing time. The rooms are very comfortable, the shower is amazing and the level of customer services is outstanding. We stopped on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate and the meal in the restaurant was out of this world, especially the pork. I would very much like to come back to the hotel and it is my 40th birthday next year and would love to stay in the suites with the hot tubs on the baloncy. The only downside is it's location but I wouldn't let that put you off.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria C, PR & Marketing Coordinator at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear gib3369,
Thank you for leaving a review for Casa, we really appreciate it. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently running a special dinner, bed and breakfast on Friday nights, which offers fantastic value.
I hope we welcome you back to celebrate your 40th birthday and book you into the Picasso or Gaudi suite.
Cape Town
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had a meeting in Chesterfield and found Casa online. Fantastic value. New hotel with comfortable rooms with quality linen and very good beds. Room furnishings of a high standard. Overall feel is trendy. I used both the restaurant and the bar and have to say I was blown away by the restaurant which serves 5 star food. The bar is also very nice. Very good selection of all drinks but they have some great wines and exceptional whiskies.
Above all else though the service is brilliant. From reception, housekeeping to food and beverage areas they could not have been more helpful. In fact felt so comfortable having spent 3 nights had a room booked in London for a midday heathrow departure day after I finished that I stayed the extra night and drove down in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear thirstytraveller5
Thank you for leaving a review for Casa, we really appreciate it. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to extend your stay.
Cocina has just received a second rosette from the AA and is supplied by local farm Walton Lodge, where the produce is free range and organically reared.
Our bars are well stocked as the owner, Steve Perez, is the CEO of Global Brands who are a marketing drinks company who have many brands on their portfolio. Their offices are actually based at Casa.
Thank you for choosing Casa and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Bexhill-on-Sea
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The best 4* I've ever stayed in. I couldn't fault it. Very central, adequate parking

Room Tip: Newish hotel. All rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alan B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Casa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you state we have 200 car parking spaces which is free for all our guests.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night for a work event and hadn't paid any attention to where we had been booked into, so turned up here knowing nothing about the hotel and was very pleasantly surprised.

Very modern, very clean, very efficient, good staff. Our room was a decent size and the bed is very comfortable. The water and fresh milk in the fridge is a nice touch. Did hear a couple of other doors closing and room service being delivered, so light sleepers may want to ask for a room at the far end of a corridor.

The bar and restaurant are both super, although the prices are on the high side and you are somewhat trapped at the hotel if you do not have transport to go elsewhere (and where would you go?)!

Would definitely go back if I needed to be in (or near) Chesterfield again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Victoria C, PR & Marketing Coordinator at Casa Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear WayOutWest76
Thank you for leaving a review for Casa hotel. We are delighted that you chose Casa for your work event.
All of our deluxe rooms have super king-sized award winning beds, rain showers, fresh milk and water.
The produce used in our bar and restaurant is locally sourced. The lamb, pork and beef all comes from Walton Lodge Farm, just four miles away, where it is organically reared, free range. We feel that our selection of menus offer excellent value for money for the quality of the produce and service provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Lovely hotel, best things about the hotel were the friendly staff and super comfortable beds!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear MonkeyAroundTown,
Thank you for leaving a review for Casa, we really appreciate your time and comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Victoria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Peak Edge Hotel
#12 of 15 in Chesterfield
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!