“If there was a Hotel in Heaven....”
Review of Casa Hotel

Casa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at Casa Hotel mid October 2011 for one night as my friends were getting married here. What a treat. Aside from the wedding, which was beautifully arranged and organised, the hotel itself is a real treat. The staff are professional and friendly, helpful in every way. The whole building is clean, modern, luxurious. The rooms are fantastic and I have no bad points or negatives at all. I defy anyone not to find the beds here the most comfortable EVER. It says in the literature that they have won awards for them, and you'll know why, it's like a sleeping in hug! Enjoy :)

3  Thank catpurple
Victoria C, Marketing Co-ordinator at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Catpurple,
Thank you so much for you great review of Casa. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave it. We have recently won laterooms.com best kept secret award for the comfiest bed.
We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Casa Hotel

Reviewed October 17, 2011

What a pity we only stayed 1 night. From booking in to leaving nothing was too much trouble - the staff were excellent. The room was perfect and breakfast was also first class. A great pity more hotels don't deliver such service. Looking forward for an excuse to stay again. Well done - the owner should be proud of his establishment.

2  Thank lynn r
Victoria C, Marketing Coordinator at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Lynn R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased to hear that you were disappointed to be leaving after one night! Customer service is our key objective in the hotel and we are really proud of the standard that our staff deliver, and are glad that it was excellent for you.
We hope that you find an excuse to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Booked one of the Hot tub suites to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Fantastic room with a huge bed and an outdoor terrace you could have a party on! Not the greatest of views but when your in a hot tub with water at 40 degrees, drinking wine/bubbly who cares? The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The facilities were great, although the TV in the bathroom refused to work (not that we were bothered). We couldn't fault the food and we even had late checkout at 1pm with Brunch (steak, 2 eggs and potato rosti) instead of breakfast, which meant we could make the most of the room/hot tub.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cliff A

Dear Cliff A

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review. We have two suites with balcony hot tubs and it is great to hear that you had a great time in one of them. The beds in these suites are emperor sized and have Hypnos mattresses. We have just won the laterooms.com Best Kept Secret award for the comfiest bed in the UK.
For a limited time only we are offering all guests staying on a Saturday night, a complimentary late check out and the option of brunch, that I am glad to see you enjoyed.
I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed at Casa for 6 nights with my baby and husband and loved it. Great service, amazing food, lovely staff and the most comfortable beds.

My husband was on a course in the area and, being on the canal I had lovely walks with my baby in a pushchair along the towpath. Only 1 mile from Chesterfield itself also which is a plus. Lots to do locally eithout the need of a car, but only 30 minutes away from Bakewell which is also lovely.

I can't compliment it enough and would happily go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline C
DownhamStuart, Operations Director at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2015

Dear Jacqueline C

What a great review, thank you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards

Mark Thurman
Opertions Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Me and my Fiancee held our engagement party in the Barca Bar at Casa Hotel on Saturday evening. We would like to say thank you to all of the staff for looking after us as, even though we hadn't hired the room out exclusively, we still felt special and looked after. The drinks were great, some people ordered food from the bar which was lovely, all in all we had a wonderful evening. Many of our guests hadn't been to Casa before but were more than impressed and being as they live in chesterfield I think they will be returning themselves. I would highly recommend to anybody. Special thanks to Hannah Kilvington and Lucy Daly for their help organising this for us and making our little reserved area look AMAZING!

2  Thank Amietheresa

Dear Amietheresa,

Thank you for choosing Casa’s Barca bar to host your special event. We are pleased to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the food and drinks. We are constantly working on our cocktail list and we change it with the seasons. We hope that we see you all again soon.

Tom Cunningham
Barca bar Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2011

going on a short break is hard work when travelling with an electric wheelchair,breathing equipment and suitcase.then i need an hotel with a wet room ,large doors for easy access.not being able to drive also means transport has to be arranged. so it is easy to say why bother.
this hotel was reason to think everything was worthwhile.
.the room was everything it said it was, lovely wet room,spacious living area.the bed was king size with the most comfortable mattress i have ever slept on
the food in the restaurant was outstanding, with the lamb possibly the tastiest ever tried anywhere.
every one of the staff we met was so helpful. with nothing being too much trouble
thank you to everyone who made the stay so enjoyable for both me and my wife who needed a break from her normal role as carer for me

Room Tip: they are all good rooms . just enjoy
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank cs462772
Victoria C, Marketing Coordinator at Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear cs462772

Thank you so much for leaving a review about our accessible bedrooms. These rooms are the same standard as every room in the hotel, but have additional space and a fully equipped wet room. Our accessible rooms are actually my favourite. I hope you slept soundly on our award winning super king sized Hypnos mattress.

The lamb you had in the restaurant is from the owner’s farm, Walton Lodge Farm, which is just four miles away. All the produce is organically reared and free range, to ensure the highest quality and best flavour.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Sandra Dean, Housekeeping Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed in the Casa hotel for my Grandads 90th. We arrived early, no problem! An early check in was available. The room was "outstanding" the staff were unbelievably warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble! A slight "hitch" resulted in an upgrade for my parents! Result!!! Breakfast was "quality" too nice!! I am already planning our next stay! 2 nights this time! I want to lap up the luxury! 4* hotel? No way! It's 5* for sure! I have stayed in hotels all over the Uk and many other countries, this is by far the best! If you want class, style,comfort,luxury and all for what is a fair price, then Casa is for you! As you walk around, there's Art and "one off" pieces! It's truly amazing! Check out the statue at the reception!!! The impressive entrance, marble everywhere! Modern, bright,shiny,sparkling and spotless!! It's smells fresh, there's fresh ultra modern flowers everywhere!! My parents recently stayed at the Chester Grovenor, by the way it's also fab! But the Casa wins hands down!!!! Cheaper too!!!! As you can see!! I loved the Casa!! Its definitely a big "recommend" so now for the "negative" !!! The only negative is.....the stay was NOT long enough!!! It went too fast!!!!!!
Mr Perez!! Well done! Congratulations!!!! You have achieved your dream! And more!!
Mrs.T.Cardiff

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Tracey C

Dear Mrs Cardiff,

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review. We are so glad that your parents enjoyed their upgrade.
The sausages, bacon and eggs served at breakfast are from my farm, Walton Lodge, which is just four miles away. All the produce is free range and organically reared.
I am delighted that you all enjoyed your celebrations and we hope that your Grandad enjoyed his 90th birthday.
We hope to see you all again soon.

Steven Perez

Owner Casa hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Peak Edge Hotel
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!