Calabria
Ranked #12 of 366 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Calabria is independantly owned open 5 days a week. From 8am for breakfast with lunch served from midday Tuesday - Saturday(open at 9am).The extensive bar is licensed throughout and offers a particularly wide range of Italian wines. Artisan Italian beers(draught Tipopils) and cocktails help to provide a unique bar experience. A la carte dinner & Set menu from 6.00pm Thursday - Saturday(private use can be arranged at any time during the week). All special dietary requirements can be accomodated, especially when notified. We also provide outside catering to meet your desires for a unique private celebration, meeting or commercial event - Including BBQ & Roasts. Private bookings from small bites, cold/ hot buffets, breakfast meetings, wine/ beer tasting to 'banquet style' meals and live music also available. Gift vouchers also sold (£50, £25, £10 & £5 denominations) - We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have just been taken out for a birthday meal at Calabria and I cannot give it enough praise for its food and service. The food has many dimensions of flavours. I had the sun dried tomato cheesecake and it was like being at a culinary classical concert with all the ingredients playing in harmony. The pasta was rich and the sauce warm and clean flavours. The service from Jess was excellent. I can see why this restaurant gets such high acclaim. I am a bit of a foodie and I appreciate when something is done well and with passion, style and creativity. Calabria is just that.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We sampled the early evening menu, 3 courses for £21. Food and service were both excellent. Will certainly return and would recommend to all who love Italian fine dining.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Booked the Fish Evening last Friday, the food was excellent as always, place was buzzing and the live entertainment just finished off the evening perfectly.

vicspire, Owner at Calabria, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

I was there myself for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere - It was great to hear the feedback about the fish that had been previosuly served from our BBQ and comments about the overall service that night.
These evening make a change to our usual routine and the staff enjoy delivering these events. Thanks for supporting us, it is appreciated, we look forward to many more.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked a table for us and our friends for my partner's birthday as a surprise, I initially emailed the restaurant to check on booking tables etc and found that Jessica was helpful and very keen to assist in any request i threw at her.
As it was a birthday treat there was a complimentary drink for the birthday boys. Which went down well.
We cannot fault the service that we received. The restaurant was clean, bright, fresh and very stylish.
Now to the best bit, the food!! the Chef is amazing and all food prepared fresh and to order. the appetizers, starter, main meal and sweet were fantastic. I would really recommend the Rabbit for the main dish, and the amazing sweet which was divine!! The tiramisu was out of this world.
Pricing was what you would expect to pay and worth every penny.
A note to Jessica and the team ~ A VERY big well done for such an amazing place and thank you for making what was a special night into a night we wont forget!!!
We will be back!!
Thank you.
xx

Thanks for updating me on your experience with us at Calabria, delighted to read your evening was a success. Jess, David(Head Chef) and their team work hard to ensure a positive experience for all our guests - this feedback goes a long way to recognise their efforts. Glad you enjoyed the latest Rabbit dish, seem very very popular at the moment.
Grazie.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic food, great staff, great value .. Hosted a charity event there and absolutely can't fault it. Highly recommended...

Gents, always a pleasure to host your event here in Chesterfield. We hope to see you again.