“love it”

O-Tokuda
Ranked #15 of 359 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All you can eat menus: - Sunday Early Bird Offer valid leave before 4pm (GMT): £13.99 per head. - Sunday - Thursday: £14.49 per head; - Friday & Saturday: £15.49 per head. - Children under aged 8 will be 50% of the above price. - Under aged 3: free of charge.>> Delicious Japanese food served up by a team of Japanese staff in the relaxing ambience, conveniently located in the town centre, we are just a stone’s throw away from the Crooked Spire. We also have our Homemade Japanese flavour Ice-cream such as Macha, Adzuki, Black and White Sesame Seeds, Wasabi, etc...
Reviewed March 26, 2013

i absolutly love this place..dont be put off by where it is near a jitty..when u enter its so authentic n lovely..all staff are very friendly and cant do enough to make you happy its brilliant..very good value for money and amazing lovely food..ive been in evening with friends and lunch time on a sunday,all you can eat buffet its a great place to eat any time x

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant with work colleagues Wednesday evening (6/3/13). Tried it once in the past where I wasn't really satisfied, hence the reason for this trip again. Thought I would try again. Benefit of of the doubt etc! Also my friends really liked the place.
Well the place was exactly how I tempered it. Still small although a lot bigger as they have got rid if the teppanyaki bar so it's alot bigger. We were shown our table n got given a drinks menu. Shortly afterwards the waitress asked us for our drinks order. They came very promptly. Shortly afterwards they came and asked for our started order.
I have to admit the food we ordered came very quick & the food was hot. I personally ordered several starters n shared amongst my friends.
This is where things started going slightly downhill for me personally. Half through our starters, a waitress came over n asked if we wanted any more food before we even had the chance to eat the first round of starters. Some us ordered some more. Me personally like to wait a bit before eating more. Anyway the 2nd lot of starters came & we ate. However there skills at putting food on the table needs improving. They just kept going over people's shoulders n just 'plonking' them on the table to where they could see a space. They did exactly the same with main meals we ordered. It was like pass the "chicken in oyster sauce' around the table. Another annoying point was a couple if my friends had ordered egg fried rice with there main meals. They had practically ate there main meals before the egg fried rice came out. When i queried it, the waitress explained it would be 2mins but that's not very good when the meal had been eaten!
Overall I would say I probably wouldn't be visiting again as I found the service not very good although they were attentive & kept asking if we required any more food or drinks but everything seemed rushed. Although I don't know why because it wasn't busy & there weren't people waiting for a table. I find there is another Chinese restaurant in the area that does an 'all u can eat' that's better so ill think ill be spending my money there in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Amazingly good food for a small price. With all you can eat and great service. Been going for years and will carry on.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Food is not the top end Japanese but it is in a buffet format. If you like raw fish and focus on the starters ignoring the very average chinese mains you can have a fantastic value for money meal.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food here is pretty good for the price - you can get a range of sushi and as many Chinese dishes as you like for a set menu price of about £12