“Horrid”
Review of The Apollo Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterfield
The Apollo Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Chesterfield B&B and Inns
“Horrid”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I didnt stay here although I wouldnt want to we sat down to our 3 course meal starter was soup or soup, which when it came was 3 spoons full, minus any type of bread or croutons. The main came scorching hot and had been microwaved my sister then found a hair which put us all off our food, we told the waiter in which he just took the meal away to kitchen came back and asked if we would like another which we declined and he just went off, after about 10 mins proceeded to bring dessert, asked to speak to the manager to which the she came sauntering over practically told me to stop harrassing her staff or she would ask us to leave which I replied once ive had a my money back I dont intend to, to which she replied this is my pub I dont care what you do (i guess the old saying the customer is always right, slipped past this disgrace of an owner) overall a horrible expierience, usless and mouthy staff, disgusting food with extra hairs avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jadeappy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My partner and I booked a two night break here, whilst visiting relatives. When we arrived, we were shown upstairs by the bar tender. He seemed friendly and helpful enough. He pointed to the communal toilet and bathroom and showed us to our room. The bedroom was moderately clean, the window was cracked, the wardrobe had no clothes hangers, but there was a bin bag full of old clothing and shoes in there.
On crossing the hall, we were met with two other residents, with filthy mouths, and somebody having a pee in the toilet with the door open.
My partner escorted me to the bathroom, where I wanted to shower, and I felt sick. The shower curtain was full of mould, the bath was filthy, with pieces of wet soap and hair in the plughole. The tiles were dirty, and there was a loft hatch with no cover right above the bath.

I couldn't bring myself to use it, and we instantly handed the keys back and booked a room at the Premier Inn.

The barman didn't appear surprised, nor did he ask us what the problem was.

If you don't mind sharing your filth you'll love it. Other than that, if you do enjoy getting a shower, try somewhere else.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chipsandsausages

Travelers are raving about these Chesterfield hotels

Durham
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Our welcome was very good and, although the inn was in the process of being renovated, the room was clean and functional. All requests were attended to promptly and with smiles. Breakfast was delicious( full English) and our two-night stay was relaxing and we would certainly recommend The Apollo to any visitor looking for a clean, comfortable, no frills, value-for-money accomodation. We would certainly use it again. Andy and Stacey, once all of the refurbishments are completed, will have a gem of a B&B inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Farnham
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My 3 weeks stay at the Apollo was just what was needed and more.
The tastefully decorated room was ideal.
The room being attended to on a daily basis.
It was great to be able to chill out in my room after my busy day of learning.
To be able to do some studying, pop down to the pleasant bar, be greeted by very friendly staff, have a nice homely meal complete with a pint and retire back up to my room to do some more studying then watch telly on the newly installed flat screen TV's, having the choice of watching a DVD if i want to while i make myself a nice hot chocolate.
Some nights i was able to have a game of pool or even get involved in the poker night or live bands that were put on for entertainment on a weekly basis.
The locals were always very friendly and hospitable.
I even got to watch England qualify for the world cup on the big screen TV down in the lounge bar which helped me to forget about the important exam i had the following day so thanks for that.
There is also a very well equipped gym within 50 meters of the Apollo so i could burn of some calories and tension from the days learning which made alot of difference to me in my approach to the following days intense learning on my career course.
There really is a wonderful atmosphere at the Apollo with ample parking.
Andy and his wife Stacy were always very pleasant and helpful especially in the mornings at breakfast when they couldn't do enough to ensure you were happy and set up for the day ahead.
I highly recommend the Apollo to anyone who wishes a relaxing, hassle free stay in the lovely village of Barlborough.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
bedfordshire
Reviewed July 29, 2009

would highly reccomened as i found this on the internet by chance and loved every minute of it , warm freindly people and nothing is too much bother , i was on a training coarse for four weeks plus i stayed for a private visit , just great people and im going to visit again

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Ibis Chesterfield North
#2 of 15 in Chesterfield
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton

Been to The Apollo Inn? Share your experiences!