“Pretty good for Corsham ”
Review of Grounded Corsham

Grounded Corsham
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Corsham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bath
“Pretty good for Corsham ”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Despite the mixed reviews I really like it here. Staff friendly, food is good, nice layout. As a local I'd say it's a bit of a breakthrough for corsham, having somewhere quite trendy. Defiantly worth a visit!

Katie T, Public Relations Manager at Grounded Corsham, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Hi Estella,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad that you see Grounded as a positive addition to Corsham, and we hope that you will continue to visit.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Good start, keep on improving”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We have been to Grounded a couple of times as we live close by. Overall we really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and attentive staff. The food is generally good quality, being a cafe and not a full blown restaurant. The prices are average.

This is a vast improvement on the Century and Chapel as the new decor and placement of the bar is far better. The owners need to keep an eye on the staff, sometimes they spend more time chatting than attending to the customers.

Corsham needs Grounded and Grounded needs Local Corsham customers, so please keep improving and make this a success.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Dundee4life
Hi Dee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Grounded Corsham. We welcome constructive criticism, and your comments have been taken on board.

Katie
“Nice surroundings, shame about the staff”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been here since it had changed owners but was keen to visit as the extensive menu looked interesting and the building had been refurbished nicely.

I took my family as a treat on a quiet Friday teatime at the start of the summer holidays. Unfortunately the two members of staff were really unwelcoming and appeared more interested in talking to each other than paying any attention to us. The order was taken without a hint of a smile (despite my best efforts - I'm quite friendly!) and I just felt like I was being a nuisance asking for more information on the dishes available.

It took a while for food to arrive, considering how empty the place was. The children's meals arrived first, ages later the adult meals appeared accompanied by the sharing starter?! Isn't the point of a starter that it arrives before the meals?! My youngest child's 'children's' pizza looked great but had what tasted like blue cheese topping, which I felt was a little strange for a child's dish - needless to say, it went uneaten as it was declared 'horrible'! The other meals ordered were ok, although nothing special. The 'starter' was fine, although not particularly generous considering it was a sharing dish.

It's a shame, before being taken over by the Cafe Grounded chain this was a lovely friendly place to visit, family run with staff who appeared interested and cared about giving good service. I wouldn't visit again, sad really as the surroundings are nice and maybe on a different day with different staff I would have a better experience - I don't want to risk it though!

Katie T, Public Relations Manager at Grounded Corsham, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Mrs Boggle,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Grounded Corsham - we are sorry that your visit did not comply with our usual high standards. Would you be able to provide us with the exact date of your visit, so we can ascertain which members of staff were involved?

We pride ourselves on polite and attentive customer service, and we will therefore be reminding all our staff of the importance of maintaining a courteous and friendly manner when serving customers.

We will be talking to the kitchen staff regarding the issues with the portion sizes and the kid's pizza - it should definitely not have had blue cheese on it! The delay in service shouldn't have happened, especially considering you said that the cafe was relatively quiet.

We are confident that your visit was not typical of the usual standards of food and service that we offer at Grounded, and we hope you will not take it as such.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Pretty Average”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We ate brunch here on 9 August 2014.

Positives: Great building, good coffee, inexpensive and good service.

Negatives: The English breakfast was poor. Horrible cut white bread that was toasted. Horrible packet butter and marmalade.Unappetizing scrambled eggs. Hash brown was the cheap frozen variety.

I will be unlikely to return.

• Visited August 2014
Katie T, Public Relations Manager at Grounded Corsham, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about Grounded Corsham. We will be talking to the head chef about the elements of the breakfast that you found unappetising, and we will look at alternatives.

Kind regards,

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“OK”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for brunch on a Saturday. Nice enough place, friendly staff and good servive. Personally I thought the dish I ordered (smoked salmon and scrambled eggs) was over complicated with olive bruschetta, tomatoes and enough rocket to feed a small army of rabbits. Paid about £10 for a coffee and food but I don't think it's somewhere I'll be returning to. Overall it was OK.

1 Thank Ben C
Katie T, Public Relations Manager at Grounded Corsham, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you were not entirely satisfied with the breakfast that you ordered. I have passed your comments to our head chef, and he is going to look at ways of simplifying the dish in question.

We are confident that this experience is not typical of the service we offer at Grounded, and we hope you will consider returning in the future.

Katie Taylor