“Gods amongst men”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cross Keys - CLOSED

The Cross Keys
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Gods amongst men”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night with my girlfriend and mum and it's the best meal I've had in ages. Be warned that the portions are massive but that good that I'd starve myself for a day just to be able to finish it off. I had a surf and turf and the rump steak was melt in the mouth tender and full of flavour. My mum had fish & chips and the piece of fish was huge, fresh and the batter (which had been made on site) was crisp all the way through. We all agreed that after an excellent meal with brilliant service that we'll be going back again.

8 Thank saintedwill

Corsham, United Kingdom
“Excellant”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

the Cross Keys is under new management and what a good choice of management. i wandered in to a very cosy, homely and welcoming atmosphere so much so i decided to call back for there sunday lunch as all the customers were recommending the food. What can i say...absolutly delicious! Homecooked, piping hot and plenty enough that i couldn't eat it all (thats a first!). I have eaten sunday lunch in corsham before but i must say that this was the best and other establishments really have competition!...well done i shall be back for the famous beef n ale pie :-)

7 Thank sunnyme746
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A perfect Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Cross Keys is under new management and as a result is a changed place to eat and drink. We had a Sunday lunch here that should com with a health warning, specifically you should not have a starter and I'd be surprised if you will want a desert. That said those we saw people eating looked amazing and would certainly not dissapoint.

You get a seriously large portion of good traditional, and more importantly, home cooked food that will satisfy even the largest of appetities; I'd go so far to say that this was without doubt one of the best sunday lunches I have had in years. There is a retty extensive menu and the prices are really competitive (lunch and 2 drinks each for around £26!)

Traditional cask ales are available and the Moles best in particular is a great pint.

Would I recommed this pub and its food, without hesitation yes, you will not be dissapointed, great food, great beer and a great atmosphere but be warned its a relatively small pub so booking in advance particularly for Sunday lunch is advisable.

Daz

7 Thank Daz_P_Bath
Corsham, United Kingdom
“delightful pub”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have eaten at the cross keys in Corsham several times now since Lesley has taken over the place. I highly recommend the food. I have tried just a few of the delights available from a huge blackboard menu and have been fully satisfied each time with my choices. I had intended trying a new dish each time, but can't seem to not order the steak and ale pie with home made chips and peas, which I find addictive. Excellent beer and cider and a warm welcome.

8 Thank Neil O
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good Beer Good Pub”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a little gem, very traditional pub with a brilliant atmosphere. Les the Landlady has definitely made a massive improvement all round. The roaring log fire is something to behold and the food that comes of the kitchen is always well presented and quite superb. The beer is fantastic and there is always a good choice, the Moles Best and Ringwood was particularly good. Definitely worth a vist…I will be back.

6 Thank Samensure