“A visit to Rudloe Hall using Livingsocial voucher”
Review of Rudloe Arms

Rudloe Arms
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Corsham
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“A visit to Rudloe Hall using Livingsocial voucher”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We visited Rudloe Hall on a LivingSocial Deal in April. The Marco Pierre White Rudloe Hall is referred to as a Country House Getaway with dinner each evening.
One evening dinner is at Rudloe Hall and the second evening is at the Pear Tree Inn. The Pear Tree Inn is some 5 / 6 miles away from Rudloe Hall and is also owned by Marco Pierre White.. The menu's at both establishments are very similar and the quality at both is much the same. The surroundings are a bit quirky and may not be to everyone's liking but it grows on you and gives you plenty to talk about.
The staff at both establishments are worthy of a mention and without exception were polite, caring, knowledgeable and helpful in every respect. From the time you check in to the time you leave they remain cheerful and seem pleased to help and to serve you.
Rudloe Hall is a relatively new acquisition for Marco and the bedrooms in the main house are a bit tired but they are clean perfectly comfortable. I guess in time they will be refurbished. There was always plenty of hot water and the shower worked well. Their housekeeping staff were obviously very good.
As we had visited using a Livingsocial voucher our menu was tailored to suit the good value of the deal. However, it was varied and certainly could not be complained about too much. It was not entirely to my liking but I never left feeling hungry. The breakfasts were a lovely surprise with lots of variety. At no time did we feel hurried between courses.
There is plenty of private parking.
All in all we had a very pleasant stay with friends who also joined as on the same deal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Having read the reviews on trip advisor just before we arrived, I very much thought we had made a mistake staying at Rudloe Hall. However I have to say we stayed on a Trzvelzoo deal and what good value it was. The room was huge, we stayed in the lodge in room 311 and its very spacious. It's a little dated and tired and admittedly would not want to spend top dollar on this, but very comfortable and spacious.

The staff were absolutely lovely and so genuinely friendly and accommodating. I had read that the food was cold when served, but I have to say that the food was piping hot and plenty of it (and I have a healthy appetite). The dinning room has a very relaxed atmosphere and we were looked after very well. Also a good choice of wine available.

There is also a really cute bar to relax in and you can play croquet and putting outside.

Not a place I would spend top money to stay, but a great little get away on a deal.

Room Tip: The rooms in the lodge are far bigger than the main house.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We spent 2 nights at Rudloe "Arms" as it's now known, to celebrate our anniversary. Our last stay was when we got married in 2011 and had the "tower suite". It was excellent the first time we came, the room had jacuzzi and was clean, comfortable and service excellent. This time the place looked like it needed a good clean to be honest, everything looked a bit grubby overall. The jacuzzi was gone and the top room in the tower suite had dirty linen on the bed, which we told the reception on leaving, but we were told the bed was "out of use" and that it probably needed "freshening up". We had to ask for extra toiletries as we only got a small amount. Overall, our stay was great, because we were in a happy mood and especially enjoyed the views from the balcony. Also the bar now has lots of games, which were nice to play in the evening, but it looked like they had turned this once lovely, up market retreat into a local pub. The gardens were lovely, and we played croquet on the lawn, which was really nice. Service was ok, not excellent and breakfast was average. No croissants or pastries, normal supermarket sliced bread for toast, juices were cheap end bargain ones. Breakfast menu was average. For an expensive top priced room, it was lacking in all the extra trimmings needed for a real luxury stay, particularly as we had the most expensive room in the hotel. I must say the most annoying thing were the photos of Marco Pierre-White everywhere. Not sure it is really necessary to see MPW's torso, or pics of him absolutely everywhere? I would certainly suggest the hotel look at the overall purpose of the Tower Suite and think about investing a bit of money and imagination to make it really "wow" again, as it has all the potential of being quite an outstanding room, but as it is, it is actually not as good as it was in 2011. if you remove a jacuzzi, then you need to replace it with something equally as awesome to justify the price. Not sure we would pay the same price again to come here, even though we had a lovely break and we have happy memories, I think it's just too overpriced for what you actually get. Perhaps I would come back if the room was redone, some extras thrown in and breakfast really improved. When you pay for luxury, that's what you want. Better management would sort this issue out. Overall, an enjoyable stay, and worth our honeymoon nostalgia <3

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

As a living social offer this was very good value. The venue is quirky and interesting, staff helpful and courteous. We were in the annexe - as we wanted a twin room there was no other option, but we were very comfortable. The shirt walk from the hall was welcome after eating and drinking in the evening, but perhaps in inclement weather wouldn't have been such a pleasant stroll.
The food was really good, a short menu, but imaginative and well presented. Breakfast was particularly good.
The only criticism I would make is that the bar, although full of interesting things wasn't really comfortable to settle in, seating is limited and seemed to take second place to the pool tables/table football pieces filling the space.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Like other recent reviews we went on a deal. The first room, ground floor in treetops had muddy footprints leading in from French doors. Only one bath towel in bathroom and like other guests...no soap! Seriously? questioned lack of towel and was told they were busy and running short. We complained and got upgraded to a suite. Still no soap but got two towels although strangely bathroom was much smaller than cheaper room. Suite also had a separate w.c. in a room that was bigger than the main bathroom. The room smelled dreadful, and we realised it was the curtains. We were told it was the fire retardant treatment but it smelled like rancid tomcat. Every time we asked for something for the room, like soap (3 times) bottled water etc it never arrived. Gave up complaining in the end.
T.V. was very small and limited channels.
Room was generally very grubby. Carpets dirty and stained. Carpets in hall and stairs filthy. Shelf in bathroom where they placed towels was very dirty.
Food in main hotel was OK. Disappointed when deal said 3 course meal included but it didn't include side dishes which were charged at £3.50 each, as was the bottled water.
Avoid this place like the plague.
Secret Escapes keep this place secret please!
Marco Pierre White, this place is to hotels what cat sick is to cordon bleu cookery.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveMNEfan

Travelers are raving about these Corsham hotels

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Room good, large with a nice(this was in the ajacent building to the hotel, even it it looks like student accomidation from outside the room, it was clean)

We where expecting a Pub syle meal as we had already seen some reviews which did not give a high level for the food, but we wanted to make up our own minds

Evening meal - i have fush & chips which was fine, my wife had a Pork Chop (dry) but ok.

Breakfast - This is why i had to do a review, (so so BAD)
To start with we where shown to are seats and asked if we would like Tea or coffee we orderd one of each, both turn up quicky (both came warm, as if the water was from the Tap) after complaining for another was told that they had ran out of hot water due to demand???
After a long wait for are food and watching other people come in and given there drinks and seeing the same thing with them complaining about there warm drink.

Full English turned up, one sauage(burned black),two rashed of bacon(black), 2 poached eggs(more like boiled), one cold tomato...so bad.

There was no staff to complain too, so we left and complained to reception who said, "sorry,oh well Never mind"

we packed up and left to go and get breakfast,

Marco P White .....very very Poor...i can see why there was offers on to go there.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked a deal on secret escapes as an Easter weekend treat. My partner and I were very excited especially with the hotel being owned by Marco Pierre White. When we arrived everything seemed fine, we checked in, had a drink on the bar it was great. We popped over to our 'executive' room which I'd asked for us to be upgraded too luckily it was free! I was extremely disappointed, the room was bland, marks all over the nets on the windows, dead flys in the emergency lights, no bin or hand soap in the bathroom (hygiene obviously not top priority) and the smallest TV ever as well as 2 sofas!! We went to dinner and were given a set menu, which is not the one shown on the website!! I ordered a pork chop and triple cooked chips, my chips were barely cooked once let alone triple!! My pork was dry and the waitress wasn't impressed when I asked for fresh chips, which were the same chips that were returned just cooked a bit more!! After the meal we went to the bar this was great! The other guests were chatty and friendly lovely end to the night! The breakfast was small to say the least! Upon checkout my bill was wrong I had been charged a supplement for lamb that wasn't even on the menu, I wasn't the only person luckily I had noticed! I did mention the lack of hand soap and bin in the bathroom but the receptionist didn't seem too fussed. Over all I'm quite sad that my experience wasn't great and I sincerely hope (but very much doubt) that Marco Pierre White reads or is to about these reviews. I would not be proud to have my name over the door!!

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsham
Guyers House Hotel
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
Shaw Country House Hotel

Been to Rudloe Arms? Share your experiences!