“What a gem in a beautiful market town.”
Review of The Methuen Arms

The Methuen Arms
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Corsham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“What a gem in a beautiful market town.”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Fantastic staff, great atmosphere and wonderful food. This place never fails to deliver a great night out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Delicious Sunday lunch”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I am always a little reluctant to order a roast dinner when I go out for Sunday lunch, as I am usually disappointed and feel home made is better. Our lunch today was an exception and exceptional it certainly was. It was really delicious, both my husband and I thought the beef and pork were some of the tastiest we had ever eaten and the vegetables and sauces were also lovely. A thoroughly enjoyable meal and I would really recommend this restaurant.

“Fab fish and chips”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off for a quick spot of lunch and had some of the best fish and chips I have had in a pub....ever. The chips were handcut and the mushy peas were to die for. Would definitely visit again!

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Have eaten here several times for Sunday lunch - always very good and they don't stint on the gravy! - but this was the first time we have eaten dinner. For mid week it was surprisingly busy and there appeared to be a couple of large groups, but this did not affect the service too much, although one new member who was on her first evening did appear a little lost. The food was excellent, and it was a memorable birthday dinner for the two of us, we will be back.

Lot-et-Garonne, France
“Excellent Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Recently discovered that the owners are the same people who took The Pear Tree at Whitley to such a high standard. So we booked for Sunday lunch and were not disappointed. I had some of the best roast beef ever! It was very rare which wouldn't be to everyone's taste, and I wasn't asked how I would like it. So if rare isn't your thing, I'd mention it when ordering. My son had a vegetarian option which he thoroughly enjoyed because it wasn't the usual unimaginative pasta and sauce, and my husband had beautifully cooked skate. The desserts were equally delicious. Two of us had the warm treacle tart with thick Somerset cream and it was as light as a feather. A two course Sunday lunch was £23.95 each which for the quality was well worth it. Corsham is a very attractive and ancient place so combining it with a meal at this renovated and characterful "pub" (they also have accommodation) would make a very enjoyable day out if you are in the North Wiltshire area.

• Visited April 2014