“The Best Yet. Absolutely loved it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Methuen Arms

The Methuen Arms
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Corsham
Cuisines: European, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“The Best Yet. Absolutely loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place is run by the same owners who built up the Pear Tree Inn and won the Pub of the Year, before the new owners took it over and messed it up. I had been aware that they had moved on to the Methuen Arms a few years ago, and I am kicking myself for taking so long to go and check it out. If anything, the food is better than it used to be at the Pear tree. My wife and I, were both knocked out with our dishes and we felt spoilt for choice. I don't normally eat dairy products, but I mad an exception for the dessert, and I had no regrets. It was divine.. It has risen to the top of my favourite restaurants, and would be my first choice of somewhere to take a guest. The staff were efficient and enthusiastic, which rubbed off on us.
We arrived feeling a bit jaded after a hard day and left feeling lifted by the food and ambience

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good stop off for food or just a drink.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great welcome and well served ale, guest ales change on regular basis. Bar splits two seating areas with one having a real fire and an old pub feel to it, the other cosy and not too overcrowded. Separate dining area if you choose not to be near the bar. Food prepared and presented well and plenty of it. Looking forward to some nice weather so we can enjoy the outside, secluded seating area.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, gorgeous wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went with a friend last night for a meal and was very impressed. We had booked a table but sat at the bar on a table with our wine where our food order was promptly taken and just before the food came out, we were taken to our table. The food was delicious and the ambiance was lovely - candlelit and cosy. Definitely worth the price you pay (most courses start at about £10 but unlike other overpriced places, the food really is quality!) would recommend it to anyone looking for a special dining experience.

• Visited April 2013
London UK
“OK for a Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Methuen Arms is an old Coaching Inn about 9 miles from Central Bath, It has a 17th Century School and Alms Houses in the Village which appear interesting and is just three miles from Lacock which is a beautiful National Trust owned village famed for its appearance as Cranford and other period dramas. Its Abbey was used to film the Harry Potter series.
We were recommended to come to the Methuen Arms for a quality Sunday lunch and booked well in advance for Easter Sunday at 2.00pm. We were somewhat surprised that the inn did not appear to be unduly busy, and hence it was somewhat difficult to excuse the rather long pauses in service. Wine was good though and we were offered tap water which is always a bonus.
We ate in what I believe is an extension – a large rectangular room which although in keeping with the rest of the building seemed to lack something. Nevertheless it was quiet and adequate for a Sunday lunch though perhaps not the most inviting of venues for a romantic meal for two.
Starters were the highlight for us. These included a smoked haddock tart which was fresh, tasty and served with a small salad; and an unusual combination of belly pork meat mixed with black pudding and formed into a sausage which was then crumbed and fried. This was served sliced and proved to be delicious.
We were both slightly disappointed with the roast lamb we ordered for main course. This was described as slow cooked, but was served quite rare. As someone who likes his roasts well cooked this was not what I was expecting from the description. Even so, it was tasty and tender and came with well cooked and presented vegetables and real gravy.
We opted for the Sticky banana pudding for desert which was served with clotted cream and three slices of fried banana. I could not detect any banana in the pudding itself which seemed typical of most “sticky toffee puddings” but with a somewhat heavier texture. It was filling; wickedly rich and more banana would have been nice.
We finished off with coffee which was offered with “home-made fudge”. Again a little disappointing as the two squares of fudge were miniscule!
All in all a decent meal but would I rush back? Probably not.

• Visited April 2013
Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely set lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had a lovely meal in the Methuen arms on good Friday. Dishes were quite unique and full of flavour. Beter than I could have done at home which is what i like when I go out to eat. The soup was superb. The staff here are very friendly and there is plenty of room. There is ample parking here so no need to park in any of the side roads. Will go again.