“Great steak night.”
Review of Flemish Weaver

Flemish Weaver
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Corsham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As a local couple, we find the Flemish Weaver a consistantly good eating house with lots of choice to eat and drink set in a warm and friendly atmostphere.
“Great steak night.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Went to the Flemish Weaver (pub in historic town of Corsham, Wiltshire) Saturday with a couple of friends who had been before and highly recommended it. Warm welcome, steak deal on Saturday (and Wednesday nights) 2 x tbone (10 ozs) steaks with all the trimmings with a bottle of wine. £20.00 for 2 people. Food was really, really good, wine was very acceptable too. Highly recommend, nice atmosphere, plenty of parking (free) on street outside, best to book table in advance as they can get busy and it isn't surprising. Well done Flemish Weaver, thank you for a very enjoyable night out.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Philippa M

“Will never visit again”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice, the first time we popped in for a quiet drink one evening, the glass I was served my drink in was filthy, I didn't even want to drink out of it. The second time we came back I didn't expect to receive yet another dirty glass. Come on people this is a pub! The least I expect is a clean glass! We were with family and friends who had planned to have a meal here, after seeing dogs running around the eating area I decided I would not be having a meal. I think it's very unhygienic to have dogs in a place where food is being served. I understand that in pubs/restaurants dogs are allowed but they should think about not all customers like dogs! Especially running about when your trying to enjoy a meal.
Other than dogs and dirty glasses the rest of my party said the food wasn't too bad but I would rather take my family somewhere clean and hygienic in future so we will not be returning.

4 Thank Nicki1185
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“vermin crawling around the bar”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I recently went into the Flemish Weaver, as i was staying with a friend we thought we would check this pub out and see what it was like as it has had lots of entertainment recently and thought we would go to whatever they had on nearer the time i was going to be visiting again. i noticed their menu, which seemed very basic but that was what we were looking for really so it suited us for next time to eat there too.Everything seem to be ok, nothing really special, the locals were friendly and welcoming we were quite content to return again...UNTIL!!!...we saw something behind the bar!...
A RAT!...not a small one either!. well this put us right off, we didn't want to cause a scene and couldn't get the staffs attention so we just left our pints and went. I must say i will never eat in there and felt physically sick that i had drank out of the glasses. Summertime i could possibly understand this with it being in the countryside, but in this winter cold weather...then it must only be dirt or filth that is attracting it....

5 Thank dean b
“fantastic roast”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

went into the flemish weaver for sunday lunch with my son and his girlfriend today, what a fantastic sunday roast all home cooked and full of flavor, had two chicken and one pork and the gravy with a twist was to die for, best roast i have had in a long time highly recommended,

2 Thank Drbunsenhoneydew1
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurant”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were made very welcome when we called in for a lunchtime coffee after walking our dog.
Lovely homely atmosphere - our dog was not restricted to any particular area, but we were considerate in keeping him out of the dining area, as there were people eating. We would thoroughly recommend a visit here - it was so nice to relax in comfort, knowing our dog was not tied up outside.

• Visited January 2014