“Our Christmas stay.”
Review of Guyers House Hotel

Guyers House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Corsham
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I have just stayed at Guyers House Hotel for four nights over Christmas.
We had a marvellous stay, food excellent, friendly and happy Staff, and lovely surroundings.
Only half the rooms were occupied, as the hotel thought this was the right number to look after over Christmas.
We attended the entertainment on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day evening, and Boxing Day.
The hotel is conveniently located to visit Bath and Lacock.
The General Manager and Duty Manager - both delightful people - worked hard over the Christmas period. We will definitely return to enjoy the great atmosphere of this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the hotel - not the annexe - and our room was on the first floor, and nice and warm. We...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
NGlasspool, General Manager at Guyers House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs Fullard,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We were very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, it was also very pleasing to read as it was the first time we have opened over the Christmas period. I wish you both a Happy New Year and I very much hope to see you again in 2013.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is ideally situated in a quiet lane but within easy reach of Bath and attractive Cotswold villages and countryside. All the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The breakfasts were excellent and freshly cooked and the lunch and dinner Menus that changed frequently offered a good range and was always well cooked and well presented. A great place to stay. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We were very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had the time to enjoy all the hotel facilitiesand gardens. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Guyers was a lovely and comfortable place that we found last minute as we were in the area. We booked on line as there was nothing in Bath and everything fell into place from there. The rooms were clean and roomy and had all we needed. Guyers had free wifi and complimentary breakfast with great service from the hotel staff. It's a gorgeous house/hotel and made me feel like a part of Jane Austen times and is approx 20 mins from Bath. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We just had to carry our bags up one set of stairs, but there might be a lift somewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 02KJB
NGlasspool, General Manager at Guyers House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Sir/Madame

I would like to thank you for your kind review, it is always pleasing to read someone has enjoyed every aspect of their stay. My team and I very much look forward to seeing you back at Guyers House Hotel, next time you are visiting England.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

i have to say that i have just come back from a one night stay, and i do not write reviews as i really do not agree with trip advisor, people generally find it a site to complain about a problem instead of addressing the problem on site, and i also own a guest house, so i do know what i am talking about. I found no problems the house looks beautiful on the outside (even in winter) as well as being beautiful on the inside, staff were lovely and friendly, the problem is nowadays people want more for less, and the sums do not add up, i found the house spotless, well looked after and lets remind people that a house like that takes a lot of money to look after and things take time to get right, but people should appreciate what the owner has achieved.

Anyway to whoever the owner is, i was well looked after and we enjoyed every minute, and will return that's a promise

Room Tip: garden room is really calming and peaceful

Dear Madame

I would like to thank you for your kind review. I was so happy to read you understand what type of hotel we are and appreciate all the hard work that goes into running Guyers House and the challenges we face being a 17th century property. We are very proud of our achievements, standards and awards we have received. My team and I very much look forward to seeing you back at Guyers House Hotel in the near future, to once more exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

the hotel is very nice looking but most of the rooms are in the outside buildings, as was ours.
although we mentioned what time we hoped to arrive, our room was freezing cold as the radiators were off. not a good start. the heating also seems to be on for a minimal period and it was cold the weekend we stayed. there were no shelves in the bathroom which makes it difficult for the female and makeup. we had good food for dinner on both nights and there is a nice comfy lounge area. however the bar is a real let down and needs a big revamp to make it more inkeeping with the hotel. unfortunately there was a wedding party on the saturday and so we were unable to use the bar and lounge area that evening. there was also a long wait for breakfast as the wedding party had priority.

Room Tip: a room in the main hotel is more convenient but may be noisy if a wedding is on.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
NGlasspool, General Manager at Guyers House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed the restaurant on both evenings and the comfortable lounge areas.

In reply to your other comments, all the heating comes on before the advertised check in time and we let you have access to your room early at no extra charge, which is why your radiators would not have been on. We have taken on board the recent comments about not having adequate shelf space in some of our bathrooms, this is in process to be rectified by the beginning of the New Year and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. The bar is in fact the old stables and we have kept this in keeping of the 17th century property. The original stable sink and wood panelling has been left in, so people feel they are in the old stables, this is very much the theme of the bar and to replace it with a modern bar would certainly not be in keeping with the property. We had a small wedding on the Saturday but they had their own private area’s for dining, so not to affect the normal restaurant. The bar and lounge areas were open to all guests on the evening and were used by a mixture of the wedding party and residents. I think it is normal for any hotel to have private functions on the weekend and the logistics are always planned carefully to ensure all our guests are looked after.

Please feel free to contact me directly, if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's not very often that after a long journey, whilst away on business - that I can relax and enjoy a hotel. This was not the case at Guyers House. Stunning building, warm friendly staff and a fabulous restaurant.

This is the first time that I had ventured away from main stream hotels whilst on business and I simply wish I had done this sooner. I stayed on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate which was more than reasonable. The evening meal was first class fine dining and I still cannot believe that all three courses were included in the rate. Breakfast was perfect - I opted for the full English, although I understand that there are healthier options available.

Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Room 7 had a beautiful view overlooking the grounds.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Bridge.

I would like to thank you for your very open and kind review. I was pleased to read you had an opportunity to try all our facilities at the hotel during your overnight stay with us. It is also pleasing to know that we meet your expectations and requirements of a business guest. My team and I look forward to seeing you next time you are on business in the area.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We pulled onto the gravel drive of this stately country hotel in drizzling rain late in the evening without any foreknowledge of the accommodation. I was pleasantly surprised when enquiring about the tariff (£120) which I innocently (and truthfully) replied was over our predetermined budget of max £100 B&B per night I got a £90 offer. We were in and unpacked before you could say ”it’s a deal!” once settled and after a walk around the beautiful grounds the wife & I agreed we would have paid full price. The bed was comfortable after a soak in the full size bath with a strong Wi-Fi signal and a delicious breakfast with views of the garden.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AWDVERADA

Dear Madame

I would like to thank you for your kind review. I am pleased my reservations team were able to offer you a room within your budget as we try to accommodate everyone and Guyers House Hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are on your travels.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsham
1 mi away
Widbrook Grange
Widbrook Grange
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Bowood Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort

Been to Guyers House Hotel? Share your experiences!