“Lovely surprise in Neston”

The Neston Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corsham
The Neston Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Corsham B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We found this on our mobile . It is about 25 mins from Bath in the heart of the countryside. The pub is smallish but large in its hospitality .The owner is from Durban and knows how to look after her customers with charm and warmth . We had the chicken pie and chicken teriyaki which were excellent : their kitchen can accomodate to choice. We would say a charming and welcoming pub with very good food and excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John N

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here recently for one night on business. It's in the lovely little village of Neston with views of countryside all around. It was very quiet when I stayed - only one other guest.
The welcome from the landlady was tremendous. As soon as arrived she showed my to my room and made sure I had everything I needed. The room was a little cosy, but had everything I needed and the shower was nice and hot! Everything was clean and very tidy and the bed was very comfortable - a good supportive mattress which is often lacking at B&B's.
The breakfast was also very well cooked although perhaps a little overpriced (it's not included in the room rate).
I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Small double with a shower - fine for one person staying for a couple of nights but a little cosy fo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Found this B&B on line, and you never know what it is going to be like, but this is a lovely, full of character inn, and a really warm welcome. Food was very good, don't miss the breakfast. Would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Neston for a night this week. From the very start the ambience and friendliness of the owners was apparent. I've never felt so welcome and looked after in any other guest house and it was lovely. We ate at the Neston and the food was really beautiful. Beautifully tasting honest food that was clearly made with a loving hand.
Our room was really pretty and exactly what you'd expect from a country Inn. The esuite was clean and appeared newly fitted with a choice of toiletries for comfort.
If I had to pick, there were a couple of cobwebs about but it's an old building so a small spider or two is to be expected.
Breakfast was lovely and was cooked to order, even my picky choices were catered for.
I can't recommend the neston enough and if we happen to venture back that way we would definitely visit again. Nothing was too much trouble and it really was an enjoyable stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I checked in somewhat late for my one-night stay but that didn't seem to cause a problem. No problems parking and the owner/landlady was very welcoming even though there was a bit of a crowd in the pub. I didn't get shoved off to the side; quite the opposite.

The landlady, whose name I can't remember, showed me to the room explaining how to get outside either for a smoke or in case of emergency; she showed me the hallway lighting, how to manage the door keys, and checked the room to make sure I could find the lights, work the shower, etc. Great service!

The room was fine; perhaps somewhat smallish by American standards and a small bathroom sink but nicely furnished with tea/coffee service and a TV that worked without problems. There was carpet in the bathroom (and the carpet was a bit dated) but that's the only thing I can think of that struck me as different. Not much to worry about!

Full breakfast the next morning was delicious; at 8.95 I'm not sure it was a tremendous deal for a full English, but it certainly was good.

At 69 for a night, the room rate seemed reasonable (although admittedly I'm not sure what English countryside pub rates run). I'm happy.

Nice pub; nice landlady. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2014

A wonderful traditional village pub complete with books, board games and classic toys to keep little ones amused. The roast was excellent with a wonderful array of veggies.
The garden is lovely and a side gate opens out onto the village park which meant we good happily sit and gossip whilst the teenagers took the little ones to the park to play.
A really lovely day was had by all, so good in fact my other half and I went back for lunch the following day! Delicious ploughman's.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leigh_on_seaHan
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed our one night stay. Tony and Des were excellent hosts. We were joined by friends and six of us ate dinner. All meals were well presented and the steaks were excellent. The Full English breakfast was also very good. We stayed in the family room. Slightly dated decour, but the room was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The room rate was very low, compared to the boutique hotels in the area. We would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013